Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Radeon 8500 LE 128mb or Radeon 9000 Pro 128mb

Gone
    There is no garuntee on 3rd party cards. I have no idea how they rate. Check some reviews-lots of'em and see if people are happy with that brand of radeon. That will generally tell ya cause they will comment on the ram speeds. It also helps to get a quote somewhere of the retailers spec of mem. Buy from a reputable co. and then if its not the spec they promised return it till they get it right. If they wont garuntee a spec buy elsewheres. Thats been my experience in all this.

GRRR... **** THEM... THEY SENT ME THE SAPPHIRE CARD!!!

AND THEIR CLOSED TODAY AND TOMARROW SO I CANT CALL THEM!

Their site specifically said ATI Radeon 8500 LE 128mb MANUFACTURED BY ATI

here's the link

http://avlogic.com/product.cgi?code=11223714

Computers > GRAPHICS > Video Adapters
    ATI RADEON 8500LE DUAL DISPLAY 128MB DDR TV-OUT (WHITE BOX) (White Box)

SKU#: 11223714
    Reg. Price: US$199.00
    Our Price: US$99.00
    You save: US$100.00

Manufacturer: ATI TECHNOLOGIES
    Man. Part #:
    Warranty: 1 Year

Stock: yes (Usually ships within 24 hours)

it doesn't say "BUILD BY ATI"

Not even "Manufacutred by ATI"

it says

Manufacturer: ATI

as in

Brand of the chip : ATI

Well that is missleading... I'm going to return it and get my money back. Then go somewhere else.

yup all plans of the bad Sales people mind to play tricks on untrained buyers eyes

here's a good place to by from

http://www.canadacomputers.com/video.html

I've used www.newegg.com many times and they've never given me a reason to complain.
    -"Don't touch that!!!!!" -ZAPPPPP!- Hehe yet another excuse to upgrade-

Gone
    Not to bring up old stuff here but Newegg did the switchero on me twice in a row. I order from manufacturer:ATI tab under video cards and they sent me friggen 3rd party. There is a ATI 3rd party tab and I didnt even go there-knew what **** it had to offer! Both times they had to refund the money. So I had to go elsewheres. then the chick has the nerve in the email to say "we do offer the built by ati" Im like heloo you dumn f#ck thats what I orderd and you sent the wrong one twice in a row. I sent them the link to the page I saved. LOL all they could say is that they didnt understand what happend. Twice I said- "whatever" buying it elsewheres. Now everything else I have ever orderd was fine from them which is a ton of parts. But they are pulling that **** with the "built by ati" ones too. I dont trust them with getting "real" ati cards.

Hrmm that's good to know, thanks P4!
    -"Don't touch that!!!!!" -ZAPPPPP!- Hehe yet another excuse to upgrade-

aw ****! i suggested to a buddy of mine that he buy the Radeon 8500 LE 128mb for $94 by Sapphire. After reading a review somewhere that said it had 3.3ns ram, i was satisfied with it and gave it the go-ahead. Man..he's gonna be pissed when he gets his 5.1ns POS.
    ----------
    Athlon Tbird 1.4 @ 1.55Ghz
    Soyo Dragon Lite KT333
    Geforce4 ti4200 128mb by Visiontek
    256mb Samsung PC2700 DDR
    WD8000JB 7200rpm 8mb
    Seagate 30GB 5400rpm
    Windows 2000 Advanced Server

Originally posted by OpK Chowdy
    aw ****! i suggested to a buddy of mine that he buy the Radeon 8500 LE 128mb for $94 by Sapphire. After reading a review somewhere that said it had 3.3ns ram, i was satisfied with it and gave it the go-ahead. Man..he's gonna be pissed when he gets his 5.1ns POS.
    I have a sapphire 8500LE 128mb with 5ns ram that does 290MHz on 3.2v. Up it to retail voltages and I am sure it would OC just as well as the older 3.6ns ram to 300+ speeds. I got it for $100 locally and was very satisfied.

The core does 315MHz on 1.6v

Of course like the others the ram started at 200Mhz but flash the bios and OC and you probably have a good chance of hitting what I did if it is a recent card.

I flashed the bios with a Radeon 9100 bios now and it now shows this sapphiretech as a 9100 series on my computer. The 9100 wasn't out yet when I got this card so if I were to buy another card today it would be the 9100.

A few points.

First, the 9100 and the 8500 are the same chip. Both use the R200 GPU as opposed to the RV250 GPU found in the 9000 (Pro).

Both chips have 4 pipelines, but the R200 has two TMUs per pipe and R250 only has one per pipe. Also, the RV250 only has one vertex shader, and R200 has two.

Low end Sapphires are from all reports not good cards. Their later products seem to be quite a bit better. Our Sapphire 9500 Pros are built to the BBA spec and are fine.
    "Dude you're getting a Dell." Obscure curse from the early 21st Century, ascribed to a minor demon-spirit known as "Stephen?" [sp].

I just purchased this card in Dec. I also have samsung 5ns on it. Like I have said it does horendously well for only being 5ns chips and they are running 3.2v as opposed to 3.4~3.6 or higher of the "built by" versions. This is a very decent card and I say before you chuck your sapphire 8500LE with 5ns ram on it you try it out. I am sure there are many that have low performers but I have a core unlike many I have heard. 315MHz on 1.6v? I f I could figure out how to mod the ram and core voltage I am sure I would have a 315/315 ~ 335/335 performer at least. I would bet this core could go higher with around 1.85~1.9v. It is pretty new ram and I am sure yields are much better than they were say 6 months ago. They have to fill up the 5ns somewhere so they probably start picking it from the 4ns and 3.6ns. This stuff really seems like 4ns or 3.6ns on how well it OC's on low voltages.

Once again I flashed its bios to the 9100 bios so in affect it is a 9050 as some have said. Understand?

Since the 8500 and the 9100 are the same card, flashing the BIOS isn't all that much different from putting a new badge on a car.
    "Dude you're getting a Dell." Obscure curse from the early 21st Century, ascribed to a minor demon-spirit known as "Stephen?" [sp].

Originally posted by Rugor
    Since the 8500 and the 9100 are the same card, flashing the BIOS isn't all that much different from putting a new badge on a car.
    Yeah no ****. I know there is no difference except the 8500 turned 9100 supports fullstream now. That is the only difference and the memory overclocks about 2MHz slower now with the 9100 bios.