Thread: Black screen

Black screen

My son has a new Cabela's Big Game Hunter Platinum Series and when it loads, the screen is black. It is fully installed with DirectX 8 and all. It has a preview link and it shows up fine. He has a 500Mhz AMD with 64 MB Ram. It has onboard video and sound, so the Ram is reduced to 56 MB.
    His brother has Dell Pc and it works perfect installed on it. Today I installed it on my PC, which has a video card and it works great.
    What do you think, could it be the onboard card? I think it is 3D and of course 8MB. Thanks.

I agree with you about the onboard card. It may not support all the features that are needed to run the game or may not have enough RAM.

I picked up a copy of Diggles: The Myth of Fenris ($2.50) and it launches to a black screen. It requires 16 MB of video RAM and I have 4 or 8 on the system I first installed it on. I installed it on my newer system with 32MB of video ram and it works great.

Gone
    Yep, the black screen always happens when first launching the game. Its just happens so fast that when its all working you dont notice it. Regardless its hanging when trying to initalise the video drivers. Prob. isnt enuff mem or software problem with the video card drivers. Onboard video sucks. Get him a cheap 3d pci vid card and it will prob. work just fine.

Thanks, that sure goes along with my thoughts of it.