Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Best 2.1 Speakers for Gaming Purposes?

Best 2.1 Speakers for Gaming Purposes?

What are the best 2.1 speakers for Gaming??? any and all ideas are welcome !!

thanks,
    AlBERT

Klipsch promedia. The best I have heard.

I'm all for my Labtec Pulse 90s... they pound good and hard, and they're **** clear!

The Klipsch pro media or Logitec are your two best choices.

Klipsch are the best **** 2.1 speakers. Expsensive suckers, but still the best

the altec lansing xa301 are pretty **** nice too

If it's 2.1 go for

Altec Lansing 340 ACS

you'll love it

i just posted picture and info on another speaker thread about it

Gone
    I got the 5.1 altec lansing 251 game theatre package. It rocks. the bass def sounds good and the mids and hgihs are great too. Was really surprised for $100.00! Ive heard $300 ones sound weak in comparison. Made here in PA too! Altec rules! Klipsche is great too but waaay over priced. Just like their other audio stuff. Kinda reminds me of bose. My home theatre laughs at bose systems and send them home to their mommy. Cant play good with the big boys.

Hahahah, got a chuckle when I read your post P4 gamer...... yeah I agree with you about overpriced speakers.

FYI, never buy Bose if you're serious about Home Audio. Just say no I always used to think that Bose were godsent to Home Audio people, then I picked up a few Audio Books, read a few magazines, and know just how far from the truth that really is

Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    Altec Lansing 621
    Swan Diva M200

Those are the best 2.1 systems for PC, nothing else in the 2 channel range comes close.

Originally posted by bdmst16
    Hahahah, got a chuckle when I read your post P4 gamer...... yeah I agree with you about overpriced speakers.

FYI, never buy Bose if you're serious about Home Audio. Just say no I always used to think that Bose were godsent to Home Audio people, then I picked up a few Audio Books, read a few magazines, and know just how far from the truth that really is
    Yeah, it's true bose does suck. However Klipsch has at least a reason for being somewhat overpriced, cause most of their sound equipment (Multimedia, Home Audio, Theater, Concert) kick absolute @$$, why so many theaters choose them.

Bose is the worst in "high quality" audio there is. I wouldn't even rank them high quality. They only got that label because a LONG time ago they made the first good set of tweeters that gave a good high end punch. Look at Bose now, what do their speakers generally use... VERY small speaker, very loud treble, and inaccurate base. But people see the small footprint of most of their models and hear that ear piercing tweeter Bose is so found of using and they think it's the best thing since sliced bread.

I'm happy using my Boston Accoustics Tower Speakers - they sound great (better than the Inifinty Kappa towers I was looking at) and can really pound. Not to mention I know they have good support and make quality products from using them in some car audio setups for people (including my own). Polk makes some decent high end tower speakers as well. They have better out there, just they come from very small companies with a very huge pricetag. The little bit extra precision they offered over the Boston's wasn't worth double the price.

Here is the test with Bose. Go into any dealer and ask what the freq range any Bose speaker is. They won't tell you, its not listed anywhere. I asked and asked and asked and got response like "Ohh, don't worry, it's enough" or "It's really loud, it will have enough power for ya".

I'm saving up for some B&W (Bower and Wilkins) myself. If you ever get a chance to listen to these guys, do yourself a favor and do it. I've tested Paradigms, Def. Tech , Polks, and Klipsch, and the B&W sound soooo sweet. Worth a look for anyone serious about Home Audio.

I have a friend who has some B&W Bookshelf speakers. Sound excellent. I almost went with them myself but preferred Boston's sound, not to mention they were cheaper (even though when you get into high end, cheap is a relative term).

Bose frequency range is 15,000khz to 140hz for their common speakers which use the 2.5 inch speakers. Their tweeters don't even hit 20,000 hz, they hit about 18 max then drop off... they peak at about 12.5 (which is about where you get that really high metallic sound, same goes for the 2.5 inches, they peak a bit lower, but 7500 to 15000 is that really metallic sound, above that it's more tinny than metallic and below is a bit whiny (don't know how to describe it otherwise) than the almost nail on a blackboard metallic sound the Bose speakers get). Got that info from a friend who's parents had a massive Bose system (4 of those 2.5 inch towers slim towers, one 2.5 inch center channel with 1 inch tweeter, and one subwoofer), we took the trusty car audio db meter and an audio CD which played about 20 seperate frequencies for a minute each (luckily it was a sperate track for each one or we'd be insane) and we found out just how ****ty it was. The bass dropped drastically btw 60 to 40Hz. Sound in the midrange was even, but in the high end it was highly irregular (+/-5 db IIRC) and the same went for the low end, highly irregular, though not as bad as the top end. The bottom end also didn't hit 30 Hz at all hardly, and 20 Hz was barely audible.

So Bose speakers are garbage, we tested his shelf system and found the results to be better - it went just as high, and just as low and was better than Bose in the overall smoothness of sound (no huge peaks or valleys - well after we turned his sub down ). Granted he had an added sub, but still, that's only about 500 tops versus the price of a full Bose speaker system, not to mention high end components.

mmm yesh.. have the 340's and they ROCK!
    bad *** thump and clarity!!

Originally posted by AllGamer
    If it's 2.1 go for

Altec Lansing 340 ACS

you'll love it

i just posted picture and info on another speaker thread about it