Thread: Re-installing Nero

Re-installing Nero

Hi everyone, I hope you can help...

I'm trying to reinstall Nero following a Win 95 to XP upgrade ( actually it was a replacement, as it could upgrade from 95 to XP )

So, everything is hunky dory till I come to try and use Nero... I need to re-installit, so I stick the CD in, the install wizard starts, and then it comes up with a message " You already have an older copy of Nero installed. Press the **** key to remove this version and continue the installation."

Having tried this a few times, the wizard just stops and tells me it was incomplete and to try again later.

I've tried add / remove programs, removing all the folders for the previous version, and now I'm stuck. I dont think there will be any entries in the registry as it didnt peform an upgrade....

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Mark.

I would initially suggest booting from the XP CD and choosing the repair option. This may very well clean it up.

There may very well be some registry entries left over from the version before the upgrade, or the partial install.

If the repair option does not work and you feel confident working in the registry then you could:

1. Backup the registry...use the Windows XP backup program and make sure you check "System State." That is the registry.

2. Then search in the registry for "ahead" and "nero" and delete all related keys and reboot.

3. After the reboot, then you will probably be able to reinstall Nero, if not, or if you encounter other problems after reboot, then restore the "System State" from backup.

I agree with HaroldW.
    Remove any folders and reg keys relating to Nero then try to reinstall