Thread: US money to bo Colorized!?

US money to bo Colorized!?

Re: US money to bo Colorized!?

Originally posted by Bizkitkid2001
    Wierd! WHY!? http://www.msnbc.com/news/841864.asp
    A quote from that article:
    An important goal is to help distinguish between genuine greenbacks and bogus bills.
    Maybe you didn't read the article yourself?
    No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

I did read it. I didn't think that was a good reason. Won't we still be useing the old bills even though they have the new colored ones out? All there doing is just adding a different kind of bill and making it harder to tell which is fake or not. When these come out we have 3 different kinds of bill. The old kind, the new ones that are out right now, and then the new colorized one. In 50 years we will still probably be using the old bills. So whats the point? Are the new Bills that are out right now not working?

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Can't be that hard! "Bring in all your old ca$hola"
    "Get given New Ca$hola" if you don't do it by 15th Jan 2003
    The Bucks you got wil not be worth JACK

Trust me it will work & the wazzers @ the banks will be a tad stressed but hey

But i still think its wierd to carry around fruity colored money

our aus$ are plastic, coloured notes. We made the transition several years ago from paper. Wierd or not, you get used to it. Our old paper money is still valid currency, although it is almost completely phased out.

As my eyes get older, I wish that the various denominations of currency were of different color. The bills all look the same to people with not so good eyesight.
    TheGreatRaymond@sbcglobal.net
    Please indicate you are from SysOpt in subject line so you don't get deleted as spam

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Originally posted by Bizkitkid2001
    But i still think its wierd to carry around fruity colored money
    Maybe they are going for the "Pink Vote"

Looks like the U.S. is starting to catch up to Canada in that respect

j/k

$2 - Red, $5 - Blue, $10 - Purple, $20 - Green, $50 - Red

Of course, the $2 bill has been replaced by a two-tone coin for several years now. The green $1 bill has been replaced by a coin for even longer.

Auugghh, Canadians are massing at the borders. Now U.S. money will be worth half its current value. Before you know it we will have a bunch of loonies over here..

Originally posted by ironik311
    our aus$ are plastic, coloured notes. We made the transition several years ago from paper. Wierd or not, you get used to it. Our old paper money is still valid currency, although it is almost completely phased out.
    I think thats a great idea but then all you ausies are quite fond of the beach and getting wet. Maybe thats the reason for your laminate dollars.

Here in europe we're (england) sizing up the prospect of joining the single european currency, all the "euros" look the same just have a different flip side for each country. When we finally join I hope our euros are plastic coated, I cant count the times I've been on holiday and jumped in the pool to get out and find my Francs are no more than pulp!

Old bills will still be valid, just phased out as they are returned to banks and sent to the federal reserve. Worn out bills are currently treated that way. All torn, badly worn, or faded bills are sorted, serial numbers recorded and then destroyed. The same will happen with what you carry now when the new colorful ones are in your pocket. Just think, you may be carrying a collectors item now

Oh no, now the counterfeters will just have to stick in all color catridges in their laser printer and not just fill them up with green, that shoudl really make a dent in their profit margins, oh wait, they mae their own money, so it doesn't even matter. This is probably to help the old folks more, but they aren't going to realize until after they are dead that bills other than green are usable. I can just imagine all the senile old ladies at the checkout line hollering about fake money being handed to them.

Just think, you may be carrying a collectors item now
    Hey, I want to collect the whole set!!!

...that should really make a dent in their profit margins, oh wait, they make their own money, so it doesn't even matter.

I can just imagine all the senile old ladies at the checkout line hollering about fake money being handed to them.
    LOL .