Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: That's more like it... jpegs!

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by ukulele
    Heh,heh. Tojo in Hawaii is toe jam!

Hey,Bro. Leave the slippa on. I no like tojo on the rug.
    Oh, you wont BELIEVE how clumsy he is!

Aside from the war criminal aspect, Tojo is a quite fitting name for him...

Originally posted by genesound

Youre right, this isn't the place for this.

But which would you choose? A WWII american concentration camp for (civillian) japanese or a WWII japanese (civillian) concentration camp for americans? I'm not even sure if there was such a thing, they were probably just shot or mutillated to death in the names of pride and honor and racial superioity.
    Sorry, I edited that post to death

Originally posted by genesound
    But which would you choose? A WWII american concentration camp for (civillian) japanese or a WWII japanese (civillian) concentration camp for americans?
    JPEGS are much smaller than BMP files...

That always gets my wound up. The media go on and on about how the Japanese and Germans in North America were displaced during WW2. I'm not saying it wasn't tough, but hey, lets face it, it's not like you're getting gased to death as part of a lunatic genocide plan or used as slave labourers until you dropped.

I appreciate a self-reflexive ethical look at how we behaved during war, but even if you look at it as dispassionately as possible there is no comparing the Axis war record with the Allies.

... and if you post JPGs it will take much less time to download.

nicely said, tking

Ultimate Member
    even if Japan won, the truth would be their about the terrible things they did.
    ...yes that would be the bare truth, but if Japanese rule was imposed after WW2 and still to this date, it would probably be seen as the just punishment of those who attacked the Japanese people

note use of the word SEEN

There is no such thing as truth nowadays, just political and media "spin" and variations of truth

--Jakk

Gone
    "There is no such thing as truth nowadays, just political and media "spin" and variations of truth"

True, BUT lets not forget this. Survivours. They were there, they know. And no media changed what they experienced and then came home and told us. When people live to tell the tale about this stuff, its fact. When media tells the tale, its lies or pushed in a biased way. Too many were through WWI and II as pow's that lived. Most at the end of war that lived but got to see first hand death camps and unhumain prison camps. Either way guys, EVIL is EVIL. Even if we all lost WWI and WWII (the big one as Archie Bunker says) they (war criminals) would still be viewed the same. You just wouldnt be allowed to say it.
    Anyone who says "look at it from their side" is fooling themselves. No matter who's perspective you use it was wrong what they did. My grandfather ran from Hitler like a cat from a rabid bull dog. He was living in Germany, non-Jew but alas felt the same as us. He had their view of things, but saw Hitler as evil. How could you not??? The things he did were wrong against all humanity, and that is what defines a war crimianl above and beyond what you are all saying.

Ultimate Member
    FFS

Im not saying what they did wasnt wrong - im saying i woul be viewed differently - probably in a positive light if those who carries out the atrocities went on to rule the world and shape the way we think

--Jakk

So you're saying that if the world had become the domain of the 'racial superiorists' and had been 'racially cleansed', they'd all be heroes? I'm sure that would be correct.

Wouldn't that be lovely

Ultimate Member
    Basically there are two sides to every story and which side you take results in what you think. History is written by the victors meaning history is never 100% accurate and whoever wins a conflicty tends to impress their opinions upon everyone else.

WE ALL KNOW HITLER WAS EVIL

...but had he of conquered the world we woudlnt be sayong that as he would be considered the forefather of our society.

My point is that we can say who is a war criminal by looking at their actions, but notice how we never seem to have any war criminals within our own ranks. War criminals are brought to the attention of the masses by whichever government dislikes them, it is often not our own opinion but that of our government that influences what in our mind is a war criminal.

Its all a case of being force fed the propoganda of the ruling classes to the point it stiks in your head

--Jakk
    Last edited by Bigjakkstaffa; 12-03-2002 at 05:52 PM.

OK, OK, OK haven't I agreed with you on this at least twice? If not, I'm sorry. I AGREE. I actually was taught this in school some 35 years ago! I accept it as factual.

My point is if they'd won we prolly wouldn't be free to have this discussion, if we even survived their ethnic cleansing. Don't forget the Japanese (Tojo) thought they were racially superior and justified in treating their captured as dogs.

edit oops "captured"
    Last edited by genesound; 12-03-2002 at 06:45 PM.

Oh yeah and if you or anyone else knows of any war criminals in our ranks, bring it to light! That's part of what freedom is about. You can rest assured the media will have a field day and so will the politicians, everyone will make hay!

This was all brought up starting on how bad the Japanese were in ww2.

However people have next brought into question that of the Allies has lost then this may not have been seen as bad or evil.

But the whole thing people are trying to make is pointless as the ALLIES WON. All this what if and if that happened doesn't mean anything. We know what really did happen.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

Reality Check!

Yes and Tojo was a royal SOB!

Ultimate Member
    As said, it was all about brainwashing. It is a natural feeling to want to punish the enemy or "bad guy" and view him as a war criminal, while being completely aloof to war crimes that your own people do. It as all a central component that makes the human being tick: Ganging up.

I am not aloof to the war crimes committed by the Allies.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure