Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Nvidia Unveils GPU at Comdex

Umm...if u want to play the upcoming Doom III, dont u have to buy the GeForce FX???

i can't imagine that being the case, but if so they've crossed the line in my opinion

I say bring it on - I want 100+ fps - I dont care if I can see them or not, but the excess means that there is still more quality that can be tweaked out without visual preformance costs.
    Well put. There's nothing like appreciating the intentions of the artists than seeing them at 100FPS. (hey, a fellow Utahan )

Hey corruputed,

I'll answer.
    does bragging rights now add to the list of reasons to get something? or should we be more focused on what it can do, not what we can say?
    I'd say having something soley on the basis of bragging rights is shallow. Keepin' up with the Jones makes no real sense, and I think people these days see through that kind of transparency. The latter half of your query has much more substance to it. By all means focus on the capabilities and weigh it according to your needs, wants, abilities. A product does you little good if you have no idea how to use it properly.

ßeeßle Qµ!x
    Last edited by Beeblequix; 12-26-2002 at 12:15 PM.

Better o' Worse?

Makes me wonder how much better this chip is going to be compared to ATIs Radeon 9700 pro?

The_Shafer
    The_Shafer@hotmail.com

The Shafer

point taken. i wouldn't have any use for this much power, and was hoping someone else would do what you suggest.