Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Unveils GPU at Comdex

Nvidia Unveils GPU at Comdex

*ß.Q looks at his 'new' Geforce 4 ti 4600*

Piece of ****!!!

*hurls it into outer atmosphere*

Guess I'll have to talk to the wifey again...

ß.Qµix
    "all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others".
    George Orwell

Cheap, aren't they?

$399 and $499 Reads $750 and $900 in AU$ (very roughly converted).

Can't say I'll be rushing out to get one, but then I imagine I might have to upgrade my $150 MX-200 at some stage... although it does play all the games I have at the current time (at a playable frame rate), even if it doesn't look mega-pretty.

Thinking about it, I'll probably go out and get a Ti-400 or 600 which will be lots cheaper then and last me another year and a half.

Even if I had oodles of cash I wouldn't go out and buy one (along with a new everything else). Wait... what am i saying, yes I would.

Yeah I agree. Darn a 500mhz gpu???

I will go and buy the ti-4600 sometime early next year.

Heck maybe I will get the radeon 8500 and save even more money.

Tech can be exciting and frustrationg at the same time!
    Lost 10,000 miles from home and loving it!!

Ultimate Member
    I'll wait till a mature stepping of the GPU comes out (IE REV A1 or such) and then buy it..... GeForceFX Ti 5800 Ultra?

Incredible!

I haven't upgraded my graphics card in a long time.

ATI Rage Pro Turbo 4x

It runs most software I have. 2 games do not work due to the 8MB of RAM and games require 32.

I have been eyeing GeForce 4 and Radeon 8500 or 9000 series. I will upgrade soon. Not to the new cards. Don't need it until the Athalon 64 is affordable and I have one of those.

I have a ati-rage in my notebook.

Lord help us all. Technology gets more and more ridiculous. The Radeon 9700 is way to fast for todays games and apps to use, and now another stupid head is coming out with a faster graphic chip. What the hell are we supposed to do with it? I intend to keep my VisionTek Ti 4200 128mb for another good three years before i upgrade!

Yeah I hear you. Most games today require at least 32mb (others only 16mb).....I have 64mb,
    I think 128mb is a good investment. I will be upgrading this radeon 7500 next year.....Maybe then I will get the ti-4600.

Ultimate Member
    Ahem.

Unless there is something amazing about the architecture of this chip, it will take more than 500mhz to beat the 9700, which has a vpu running at 620mhz.

I would assume this is the case as nVidia isn't full of morons. Could someone please enlighten us as to this obvious architectual superiority's nature?

All you need to do there is look at the performance differance between the TI4600 and the Radeon 9700... Not that much for the chip Radeon being almost twice the clock speed.

This just goes back to the Intel / AMD debate about clock speed doesn't mean ****!!!

If Nvidia could just bump the 4600 up to 400+ mhz it would cook the Radeon. Nvidia can just get more power per mhz out of their chips.

i'm looking at getting into dvd work soon, and i have obtained a card which is 9x better for dvd playback than my gf2. how much better could this thing be?

Lord help us all. Technology gets more and more ridiculous. The Radeon 9700 is way to fast for todays games and apps to use, and now another stupid head is coming out with a faster graphic chip. What the hell are we supposed to do with it? I intend to keep my VisionTek Ti 4200 128mb for another good three years before i upgrade!
    I agree with you, but what about Unreal 2k3? It seems to beat the **** out of most systems. They upgrade because people will pay to stay on top of new technology.

***Data Tapes still running***
    Ah hell it takes me 3 hours to load this page! My
    modem is 300 BPS! I only got 2 KB ram and 15KB for Data Tapes.

I upgrade every 5 years. I just upgraded from a AMD K^-2 350MHz with a 8 mb card. That was top of the line then. Now I got an AMD XP 1800 with 256 RAM compared to my 8 MB I had then. However, I see no difference in sight because of VOLTAGE DIFFERENCES between mobos and the P/S's. Until I see SGI workstations at my grasp then I won't be upgrading anytime soon till I get my chance to make a 3d movie like Toy Story.