Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The new MAC commercials.

The new MAC commercials.

Does anyone else want to shoot themselves in the head when they see a new MAC commercial? The ones where the people explained why they switched to a MAC from a PC. The one I hate the most is when the girl saved christmas becuase she hooked up the camera to her MAC and it worked. I'm not dissing MAC or anything, but gosh, their commercials suck!

that commercial where the people r like saying y they switched??? why would you switch!!! idiots!

here is the general outline behind those adds:

i'm a stupid f*** who can't use a computer so i switched to a mac and they helped my sorry a** run a computer which i have no right to run with my dwindling level of intelligence.

the cop says "i couldn't do video, i couldn't do audio" he might as well add in "i couldn't find my **** even if i had 2 fingers in"

Another one that makes me mad is the one where the guys daughter is up late and can't print her report from the PC. So he does it from a MAC. Something stupid like that. Honestly no one could pay me the money to switch to a MAC. There is no reason too, and if someone actually believes the commercials, then they deserve to pay for something slower and overpriced. You could compare the MAC commercials to that of the election commercials a couple weeks ago. All BS!

They suck.

The point is not everyone is as computer smart as we are. So, MAC is going after the people that just want something that runs stable. I know a family that had a PC but it gave them costant trouble. The problem was they bought from a lousy supplier. So they switched to MAC and haven't had any trouble. I heard someone say once "Build a machine so that an Idiot can use it, and only an idiot will use it."

Oh, and when MAC decided to film the commercials, people heard wrong and came and talked about how they switched from MAC TO PC!!!!

Those people in the ads are peabrains, I'd rather shoot them than myself though

tony, are you sure you know that most PCs run windows? Windows is MADE for retards. when you boot windows for the first time it gives you a walk through of how a mouse works! understandable i guess but if you dont know how a mouse works, where the heck have you been for the last 10 years!

Macs are not exessively slow, the key factor against buying them is PRICE. comparissons between the G4 and the P4 are stunning just how fast the G4 really is but the price is basically doubled.

The G4 barely runs at 1 ghz. I've never seen the mouse walk through. If windows is made for retards, MAC is for people on life support.

Originally posted by tony_j15
    If windows is made for retards, MAC is for people on life support.
    LOL !!!

i must totally agree, when i deal with cust on the phones, and the kind of questions and help they need is totally absurd , yet when MAC people calls in questions are even way out of this world

ROFLMAO.

Yea, just like when one guy threatened to sue Bill Gates for building a crappy iMac he bough.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

general comparison
    http://www.epinions.com/content_1926996100

architecture comparison
    http://www.arstechnica.com/cpu/01q2/...4andg4e-1.html

some real benchmarks, i'm really impressed with the Intel Northwood here
    http://www.barefeats.com/pentium4.html

The "barefeets" guy is a little biased toward MACs I think. Heck,I'm biased toward PCs. But those test were just a little to close.

those are real benchmarks man, every test out there supports that G4 is just as fast as if not faster than P4

He's using old Athlons and the fastest G4's. However, allow me to show you some benchs.

AMD Athlon XP 2800+
    Sysmark overall-244
    Photoshop7.0-33sec.
    Premiere6.0-296sec.
    Sound Forge 6.1-234sec.
    SETIbenchmark-154min.
    SISoft Sandra CPU ALU-6239 MIPS
    SPEC ViewPerf 7.0 3DSMAX-7.8fps
    Quake3Arena Demo 1@640x480-276.8fps
    jedi Outcast 1280x1024-77.7
    3DMark2001 SE patched-14651