Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB + Athlon XP 2400+ (overclocked) = kicka**!!!

Hi guys, been a while, I have to ask what constitutes a great system. In my eyes the kid who works at a crummy job to get enough money together to build a decent system and the tweaks and OCs the bejeezes out of it has a better system then the kid who had one handed to him. I must ask how our friend here came up with that money... I doubt he is 17 yet.... Gen_Hideki_Tojo.... you will learn in life the praise that you get for your accomplishments that are given cause someone sees what you do are far better then the ones that you try to draw attention to. It feels better when you get praise without asking.

-: phenious :-

Tojo......
    If you want to get higher 3DMark scores.. .run the default like everyone else, and your score will be higher!!!

I still think that if you really want a well overclocked system, get a Prometeia or a Vapochill cooling system... and watercool everything else.. then you will get high overclocks!!!

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by phenious
    Hi guys, been a while, I have to ask what constitutes a great system. In my eyes the kid who works at a crummy job to get enough money together to build a decent system and the tweaks and OCs the bejeezes out of it has a better system then the kid who had one handed to him. I must ask how our friend here came up with that money... I doubt he is 17 yet....
    True, so true. That's the way it worked with me - and I'm happy with my system, despite the fact that it does not OC very well; I think tojo had a lot of sugar blown you know where.

My XP 1800+ will last me 4+ or so years and it'll do whatever I want. It used to be high-end, and it's still a pretty good performer, and it will eventually lag behind and fall into the value segments. But I appreciate all that I have and unlike tojo, I do not say things like "I upgraded from the k5a2+ to the k9a2+" or "I'm getting tired of my R300."

I'm getting tired of the R300. Don't wait generations, gentlemen, time is not on your side.

WTF????

We all know how many of us would kill for this card.

Also, you are posting your benchmarks at the wrong place, go post this on the 3dmark board and you will get slapped left, right, and anywhere else they see fit... You dont have anything other than money... you need to learn. Maybe you should take some of that money that you dont think of and buy some computer lessons so you can learn the difference between a JPG and a Bitmap.

For having to start a thread on this, I'm seeing a virtual case of the small ***** syndrome here forming, anybody else?
    LOL. roflmao. That's funny, Someone Stupid. And it seems to be so evident. Thanks man.

I am a person who believes in the spirit of Japan, that one should strive to be the best, to try achieve goals that surpass all others.
    Hearing this statement by itself seems rather benign. But then reading the rest of your posts and combining them with your name, it's clear you lack maturity, despite your 'spirit of Japan'.

And for some reason it reminded me of one of the most shallow webpages I ever read. There was this 17 year old kid who owned a nice shiny red Mitsubishi 3000GT, turbos, and all the mods. That in itself wasn't the issue. It was the fact that this kid's achievement was having notoritey at his high school for"Best Car"in the yearbook. I thought about his achievement being based on having rich parents, and perhaps lacking in his love-muscle. I know he doesn't appreciate his 'achievement', exactly the same way all these other c00l people above have positioned.

And master Tojo never posted that URL I requested....

Phony.

ß.Qµix
    "all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others".
    George Orwell

Originally posted by phenious
    Also, you are posting your benchmarks at the wrong place, go post this on the 3dmark board and you will get slapped left, right, and anywhere else they see fit...
    So true. Gen_Hideki_Tojo's benches are on the slow side of what one would expect from a system like his. I bet he doesn't know anything about memory timings, video card overclocking, fsb speeds or image formats (wait, I know he doesn't know about those )
    This is where my signature would go if I wasn't so lazy.

Beeblequix: It's been referred to as VPS for short on a few other forums I've posted at.

I'm with Phenious on his statement. It isn't the hardware you have, it's what you get out of it and HOW you got it. I had to work my *** off for mine - though not like a teenager would, as I have a well paying job, I'm not running around like a headless chicken spewing my system specs and 3Dmark scores around. I'd look like a ****ing imbecile if I did due to the fact that cash generally equals higger scores (though not in Tojo's case). The way he sounds is too prepubescent for a 17 year old. I'm picturing 11 or 12 and he has his daddy put the computer together for him. One more reason for me not to spoil my kids, when I have the little devils, looking at Tojo's post.

I have more respect for a kid who really knows his stuff, works a crummy job, and saves up for a meager system and squeezes the most out of it. That kid post his 3Dmark score, while it may not be blazing fast, then you look at his hardware and he says he saved up all summer mowing lawns on a practically daily basis for it. That's someone I'd give a pat on the back to. I can't say I deserve one, I have a well paying job, so I can afford to spend money on a comp whenever I feel like it. That doesn't make me a superior or better person or necessarily have a better computer (hardware wise it would be - and score wise, but then I'd look at that kid who built the thing from scratch with money saved up in a piggy bank practically and I'd have to tip my hat to him even though his computer is "inferior," his method of getting it was far harder than mine). That kid with the 600 dollar computer who squeezed every last drop of performance out of it in my view did beat me.

I like how he said in either this thread or another, don't worry, my "super battleship" will beat it. Like we care. Plenty of people posted official scores which bury his, I could bury his, and a few others on here could and probably can, a few more could if they threw a couple hundred more dollars into our systems could bury his. For what he has, and what he's scoring, it isn't something to be bragging about at all.

I'm going with Giblet, I'm guessing his RAM timings are default, and he probably had to read the manual on how to access the BIOS. As for having FOUR optical drives and 2 (from what I've heard) 20 gig hd's makes no sense. They are almost definantly IDE's, as I haven't seen a SCSI with a dead on 20 gig drive. Admittedly I haven't looked at every single SCSI drive, but most seem to be off numbers not the usual 20/40/60/80/etc flair of IDEs. His setup is IDE as well going by his mobo at least. What a waste, if your trying to get the most for speed, then don't you want your programs to load at a respectable rate, or would you be happy waiting on the IDE drive (not even RAIDed) to pull up the data? Now he's going to go ask mom and dad for a SCSI controller with RAID and buy some SCSI drives. Anybody want to take me up on that bet?

As for the current spirit of Japan, it's fiscal irresponsibility for the past several years and counting. That seems to fit the profile with Tojo - don't you all agree?

Guys, why don't you give the guy a break?

You all make me sick, all he did was post his scores and you're all jumping on him like he should die etc, what is your problem?!

He hasn't said anything against anyone else in this thread and i consider that really hard cos i would have flamed you all if that was me.

You sad people, you are jealous of his system so you must cuss him to make yourselves feel better?

He is not mature because he posted a system?

OMG you people make me so angry.

you fools.

Yep, plenty of ***** envy for everybody!

Optimus Prime, I know him, he goes to the same school, I know what he is after, he wants people to be jelous of his system... he wants people to want his system... he wants attention for something he didnt earn.

but by posting stupid things you are giving him what he wants.

Banned
    Thank you, Optimus Prime. That's all I wanted to do. I just wanted to post my 3D Mark 2001 SE scores. That's all. (And you guys continue bawling me out. You should be ashamed of yourselves.)

==========================
    General Hideki Tojo
    Prime Minister, Japan
    His Majesty's Imperial Japanese Army

er, uh... congratulations on your aquisitions, glad you're pleased.

We all have our "issues" one way or the other. Tojo obviously has some major inferiority complex going on, but you know, that's OK. Better he gets a little spanking from us than he goes out into the real world and mouths off to the wrong guy and gets thrown around like a little ragdoll (remember the gorilla vs. suitcase commercial?). So in a sense, we're "helping" him, yeah, that's the ticket. Personally, people that constantly toot their horn annoy the **** outta me, and the thing Tojo has with the DVD burner and DVD player and CD burner and CD player is just plain nuts. Hey Tojo, be free, enjoy yourself. We're not a bunch of A-Holes, we want to help you

... if he annoys you, dont read this thread... its not hard...

his posts didn't annoy me, all he was doing was posting his specs, just because you take it the wrong way doesn't mean he is trying to annoy you, you are all a bunch of stupid heads. .

seriously... x51, if he is lying, let him lie, if he is annoying, let him annoy, if he is a tooter, let him toot.

but he's not... so let him post.

BUT WHY CUSS HIM?

jealous.. childish, foolish... all of you.#

apart from grentarc, who i have lots of respect for...

and his hamster powered CPU.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; 11-25-2002 at 05:37 PM.