Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB + Athlon XP 2400+ (overclocked) = kicka**!!!

Banned
    I paid about $2,500 - $3,000 on my system. (2 cold cathode lights, Innovatek water cooling kit, silver server-size case, 1 CD-ROM, 1 CD-burner, 1 DVD-ROM, 1 DVD-burner, Athlon XP 2400+, EPoX EP-8K5A3+, 2 512 MB PC3200 DDR400 CL2 memory from Corsair, 480-W power supply unit, LCD monitor, and more...)

========================================
    General Hideki Tojo,
    prime minister of Japan and war criminal of World War II

Banned
    BTW, Tojo ordered the murder of hundreds of thousands of innocent Chinese and ordered Admiral Yamamoto to plan an attack on Pearl Harbor. He eventually approved the plan. That's why he became known as a war criminal.

Ultimate Member
    It's going along fine... my core temperatures are below 30deg sometimes... they top out at 34 deg C... really awesome temps... however htis is with the CPU-200S; I don't know how well the CPU-200 G will come but it is a better buy (gold base vs silver base, slightly better thermal conductivity)

My graphics card stays relatively cool but I would recommend getting a copper cooler for it; that way it will not overheat.

You will want to put an 80mm exhaust fan at the back for air circulation (for the VRM) and the like.

The radiator is very well integrated, with two fans blowing down and one blowing out. The innovatek and koolance systems have about equal performance, however, if you want to add liquid cooling to your case without increasing its height you will want the innovatek system. If you don't want to mod your case to accomadate the innovatek radiator then an exos would b ein store for you.

The heatsink/heatspreader thing on the VRM for me is still tentative.

With ocing and higher voltages, the temps are only 1deg higher! If you want to achieve even more headroom, you can utilize peltiers, but the exhaust water behind the block with the peltier will be hot and insufficient for cooling anything behind. So my advice: have the CPU last in the chain to the radiator.

Tojo, he was suckered into Pearl Harbor by none other than Franklin D. Roosevelt, who had been blockading Japanese supply lines and who had hoped Japan would attack at some point (the point being Pearl Harbor) because FDR really wanted to go to war with Germany, but couldn't convince a war-tired american public. FDR knew an attack was coming and did nothing because he NEEDED the attack. Who's the war criminal now? Btw, Yamamoto warned Tojo NOT to attack america, who he deemed the "sleeping giant".

I'm sorry about the BMP's. I didn't realize the file size until I started downloading the images myself. I'll compress the images next time. Thanx.
    No, no, no, no, no. Don't post another single hogging picture. Please post the URL, that is, unless you're afraid of us finding out that you're a ****3D MARK CRIMINAL****!!!!!!!

And WHO would post in a 'net forum the NAME of a WAR CRIMINAL? It's like someone being a proud fascist, touting the name of Adolf Hitler, or Benito Mussolini, Slobodan Milosevic, or freaking Sadaam "I'll launch more chemicals at the freaking KURDS" Hussein. No me likey.

ßeeßle "not associated with Beelzebub, really" Qµix
    "all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others".
    George Orwell

Ultimate Member
    I know, right?

Why doesn't he just call himself AdolfSkinHead2002?

Tojo =

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by Gen_Hideki_Tojo
    ... EPoX EP-8K5A3+...
    Eh?

Right, four raid channels with two 20gig HDDs!

Please

Originally posted by Gen_Hideki_Tojo
    I paid about $2,500 - $3,000 on my system.
    Guess I underestimated by about $1100 to $1600 dollars.

So I paid 6 cents per 3dmark, and you paid 19 cents.

Sucker!

CausticV - Thanks for the info on the koolance. I think I'll be making a custom setup for my computer in less than a month.
    This is where my signature would go if I wasn't so lazy.

For having to start a thread on this, I'm seeing a virtual case of the small ***** syndrome here forming, anybody else?

x51out, uh, Tojo's still a criminal
    As for the rest of this...

This thread has "clocking is good" potential. God have mercy on us all

That was such a bloody troll of a thread. It was obvious from the beginning, yet everybody and their mother jumped on that thread. The guy who started it didn't even need to reply pretty much, the arguements just kept on coming saying the same things day after day. It was rather amusing being a former forum troll myself watching such brilliance at work, but after 3 or 4 pages of it, it got tiring, though it still brought a smile to my face anytime I'd see it up on the main page as a hot topic. Talk about taking the bait. You realize those that responded probably had that guy laughing at every single post made as a rebuttal to his remarks. I'm sure him being a troll was the last thing on their mind, as this doesn't seem to be the type of board that would attract them, so I see why so many responded, nobody realized it.

If someone makes a generally stupid comment and claims to know everything about the comments he's making, they are that wrong, and it makes you want to respond vehemently, it's probably a trolling attempt.

Banned
    I am not a troll; I am not a person who wants to attract attention to himself. I am a person who believes in the spirit of Japan, that one should strive to be the best, to try achieve goals that surpass all others. Simply put, I'm what God made me and you, a human being. That's all.

==========================
    General Hideki Tojo
    Prime Minister, Japan
    His Majesty's Imperial Japanese Army

The spirit of Japan was rather greedy and genocidal during WW2 since you seem to idolize WW2 Japan with your name. Also, your saying God put us on this earth to be genocidal war criminals striving to kill as many people as we can? Sorry, but I think Hitler has Tojo beat in that department, maybe you should idolize him instead? Maybe that explains why your running at 2.18 and someone else has you beat a 2.66 I believe (was it cV that brought that up?). Tojo just couldn't be the best he could be at what he did (killing noncombatants in horible ways), is nearly 500 megahertz is equivalent to Tojo's "failure" for you compared to Adolph's "success."

I never said you were a troll, I said the other thread was. I just think your someone who needs his ego massaged. Having the name of a war criminal doesn't exactly enhance anyone's disposition to you, considering that some of the many he killed in horiffic ways were americans, and mostly Americans are on this board. Even if he only dropped bio agents on china, that would still earn no points with me and still have me looking down on you. Tojo was a fool, idolizing him only means your following a fool's footsteps.

I find it funny how you mention God yet your screen name is a war criminal whom you seem to idolize.

caustic Vapor:

"Eh?

Right, four raid channels with two 20gig HDDs!

Please"

LOL

Originally posted by x51out
    This thread has "clocking is good" potential. God have mercy on us all
    So true . . . .
    This is where my signature would go if I wasn't so lazy.