Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Failed to load the Internet Connection Wizard Helper Component

well.. finally i got my xp cd back and yes all is good now, ill just leave ME in the dust. im sure your suggestion woulda worked but it was quite a hassle, so now ill just try to leave those troubles behind and hopefully wont have to deal with ME ever again..

Originally posted by $1500-P4 gamer
    Well one OS wont effect the other (unless bootloader is fudged!)but for both to be screwed up it points to hardware or virus etc. Kinda unusual for both OS's to dump at the same time. Have you scanned for viruses with a updated scanner latley? Also how about setting up dial up networking through the control panel instead of the wizard, does that do anything different? A last thought maybe to disable all programs from startup and try reinstalling IE from there. Hit start>run>msconfig.....then go to startup group and disable all but scanreg. Taskmon. PChealth. Load power profile. Scheduling agent and state manager.
    Sounds like one weird problem! A stumper at that. A reinstall maybe the only option if these all fail I hate to say it.

the drive/files are so corrupted now its beyond repair.

time to zero fill the drive and reload.
    its hard to soar with eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys