Thread: MS Access error when clicking form button: Module Not Found

MS Access error when clicking form button: Module Not Found

I built a database using MS Access 2000 (now converted to 2002) including forms for data entry. On my forms, I added Command Buttons for record navigation, search, print, etc. All of a sudden, now when you click on a button, you get the following error message:

Microsoft Visual Basic
    "Module Not Found"

I searched thru the on-line help and also MS's Knowledgbase. Not sure what could've happened to the Modules assigned to my Project -- not sure what that means either.

Any ideas?

Also -- when adding a NEW button from scratch -- same results.

Thanks

Well being M$.. for starters the errors are a bit ambigious as to there meaning...

So..
    firstly check the existance, location etc of all the *.frm files etc you created for this project. Check they arent corrupt.
    Check all the files are referenced properly, in the right way, and espically in the right place.

Outside of refering to your 'modules'.. Access could be trying to refer to modules for a control, which it cant find.
    Check your references for all object libraries which your using...
    maybe one of them is missing.

Above and beyond all this.. I actually recommend taking your forms etc across to Visual Basic to develop the user interface their.

you might just reinstall the program - was setting up a database a couple of years ago, app loaded on a server, suddenly started getting weird errors like that

reinstalled and ran access on my c drive from there on because the IT guys siad it would take a couple of days to look for a backup, reinstall - all that nonsense - still saved the files themselves on both my c drive and the server for backup

EX Moderator-May He Rest in Peace rangeral's Avatar
    Up top on the file menu go to help and use the detect and repair see if that helps.

I tried the detect and repair first thing -- which didn't address the issue.

I'll try a re-install to see if that fixes it.

No luck !

I tried detect & repair in Access as well as in Add/Remove Programs. No luck. I then uninstalled Access and installed it again. No luck.

Any other ideas? I do not know Access or VB well enough to understand how to troubleshoot the modules, projects, libraries, etc. unfortunately. I did a search for all the *.frm files .... and NONE showed up. Not sure what else to do. My database was created in MS Access 2000. I then built a new PC several months ago and installed Office XP with Access 2002. I was using the Access 2000 database with the 2002 version of Access just fine. I'm not sure what in the world changed, if anyting, to cause it the buttons to stop working. I did try converting my database to Access 2002. NO luck either.

it doesn't sound like you have made alot of changes in the database built w/Access 2000?

It still sounds like you have a bad install or some compatibility issue between 2000 and 2002, because adding buttons, etc. using the wizard, etc. isn't supposed to require you to dig around and add objects, files, etc.

Did you try to install Access 2000 and/or I seem to remember that Office will install and update based on the preferences / options you originally chose if you did a customized install (like I usually do). That's when I "lost" the wizard for some of the objects you normally add.

Try maybe to reinstall Access 2000 or 2002 using the customized option and make sure you choose every option, feature available, etc.?
    Last edited by rmanet; 11-09-2002 at 10:23 PM.

I emailed Microsoft for help and they replied within 24hrs -- pretty impressed!

Here is what I did to fix it:

Sounds as if you have a corrupted Module within your database application. Allow me to suggest that you try the following:

Method 1: Import all your database objects into a new database file

- Create a blank new database
    - Within this new database file select the menu option File > Get External Data > Import
    - Select your original file to Import from and click Import
    - Within the Import Objects for each tab select the "Select All" button to select every item
    - Once you've selected All Items on each tab click OK
    - Now within the new database file retest your Form

************* He told me that I needed to also follow a Method 2 to get it to work again, but as soon as I completed the import of the original database into the new one, the buttons worked !!

Thanks for everyone's ideas!

Brian