Thread: Did fdisk /mbr - still have a boot prob

Did fdisk /mbr - still have a boot prob

I know you guys are getting tired of this, but I had the dreaded LI.... issue with my Win XP / RH 8.0 dual-boot. My RH boots up on floppy and when I try to boot XP I get a screen full of zeros................ooooooooooooooooooo ........ I've done the fdisk /mbr ........... I've even done the console repair FIXBOOT and FIXMBR ............. now I can set my system to boot on CD and if I don't do anything it will give me the Windows boot options. But is there anything else I can do to fix it right. THANKS
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming. WOW-- What a Ride!"

two seperate drives?
    Life is a bowl of cherries

yes.............. oh I think your on to something
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming. WOW-- What a Ride!"

.....Ammok..... thanks for the " think you dumbass!!! " nudge....... LOL ........ I do have 2 drives ..... and in the BIOS I failed to select the harddrive that had the boot stuff on it ....... THANKS

Well done, your not so dumb, read some of my plea's for help.LOL.

You got it working and that's what counts.
    Life is a bowl of cherries