Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nforce 2, where are you?!

Nforce 2, where are you?!

I want to know when the Nforce 2 will make it's debut.
    Mama's don't let your babies grow up to be computer nerds. Don't let em pick their noses and play them ol' games. Let em be cowboys and ranchers on the plains.

and I want to know when the Shuttle Nforce2 SFF barebones is going to be out. I will finally be able to spend my lunch hour gaming instead of trolling sysopt! The current P4 SFF will fit in one of my file drawers. I allready cleared out a space for it. All they need to do is release it and I am in business!

I don't lknow what's keeping nVIDIA from releasing them. Announced in Summer, they should already been here.
    According to latest posts, nForce2 based mobos will hit the shelves in this month/early October.
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

oy, it's about time
    Mama's don't let your babies grow up to be computer nerds. Don't let em pick their noses and play them ol' games. Let em be cowboys and ranchers on the plains.

The problem seems to be instability, guess DDR400 still doesn't work so well in dual-channel
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers

According to Maximum PC, the Nforce 2 is already out.

Well those guys at Maximum PC probably live in the future, coz I haven't seen any single Review on nForce2 system, only the PREviews

Well, those guys at magazines have to finalize their stories well before their issues come out. So them guys at Maximum were expecting nforce2 boards to be out by now.

It seems like magazines are getting more and more premature in their releases of issues. What I mean is, I get an issue a month and a half before it should; I get September issue in last part of July and October issue in last half of August, etc. etc.

It's funny.

Whic chip is going to be better?

VIA KT400

or

Nforce 2

Any opinions?

Ultimate Member
    Even if VIA can get the timings improved for the KT400 to the point where it will lead the KT333 by a significant margin, it still won't have as much mem bandwidth as the nforce 2. After all it's dual-channel DDR400! However, if the nforce2 proves to be a flop and a bunch of hype, then it might be VIA's chance to shine in the limelight again like they did with their KT266a.

Ultimate Member
    Well nforce2 is out and it seems to run happily with the XP 2800+ and DDR333... slower right now w/DDR400/433 b/c of the higher latencies, but that will soon be fixed. Smokes a P4 2.8GHz PC1066 850E platform for probably half the price anyday!

To bad the 2800+ w/333FSB won't be out till January 2003

Gone
    Its out!!!! Got a link? I've been waiting for that mobo for ever now. Read the reviews on it when they first mentioned trying again after the first one flopped. Posted it here somewheres. I hope this one does 10x better. We could use another mobo co. and Nvidia is looking like a good alternative to me.

Ultimate Member
    In the world of dreams...

nvidia made the reference nforce 2 mobo, but I don't think they will start selling mobos of their own... nvidia has reference geforce series cards, but they don't sell their own graphics cards...

It would be a refreshing break though... who can optimize a motherboard more than the maker of its chipset?

I must say that the only mobo manufacturer that has posted some info on their nforce2 mobo is epox . Hopefully it should hit retailers soon hmmmmm here http://www.epox.com/html/motherboard...RGAplus&lang=1