Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Unique Cpu Over-clocking

sorry for that ........

Originally posted by Optimus Prime
    if i had the money id buy an intel chip over an AMD.
    i agree. believe me, if i had the dough i'd buy a 2.8ghz P4 and a Radeon 9700 with a watercooling setup...realistically, not many people have that kind of money. If they do have that kind of money, they are either rich or very wasteful! AMD will ALWAYS have a better price-perfomance ratio nowadays...
    ----------
    Athlon Tbird 1.4 @ 1.55Ghz
    Soyo Dragon Lite KT333
    Geforce4 ti4200 128mb by Visiontek
    256mb Samsung PC2700 DDR
    WD8000JB 7200rpm 8mb
    Seagate 30GB 5400rpm
    Windows 2000 Advanced Server

With fans like *that*, AMD can flush their price-performace ratio down my toilet.
    -- Sharky
    Overclock Results: http://www.sysopt.com/cgi-bin/overc/readfull.cgi?record=12574
    Currently using Inspiron 9100 and Latitude CPxj

Both sides have stupid fans though.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

Ultimate Member
    Kissleng,

You might be able to raise the frontside bus speed of your motherboard by going into the BIOS. I don't know how much you can raise it without stability problems due to too little voltage, as you can't alter the voltage in an intel motherboard BIOS. The D850 can house a 2.6GHz (400FSB) pentium 4 provided you use the upgradeware adapter here .

The purchase of a 2.6 P4 would be a better buy anyway, because you know that you are running the chip within specification. Here are some places where you can buy the chip:

click

Hope it helps!

BTW, never, ever, ever remove the HSF from a CPU. You never know if the thermal diode will work or not; it is the motherboard's resposibility and reserved only for emergency situations in which the HSF becomes unclipped from the motherboard. 123esk's little joke was not necessary.