Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unique Cpu Over-clocking

Unique Cpu Over-clocking

I use intel-pentium4 1.5ghz , can anybody know how to over-clockiong this cpu and can speed up to how many ghz ....

-Main-board i using is Intel-board D850,

Re: Unique Cpu Over-clocking

Originally posted by kissleng
    I use intel-pentium4 1.5ghz , can anybody know how to over-clockiong this cpu and can speed up to how many ghz ....

-Main-board i using is Intel-board D850,
    what is over-clockiong ?

why you use the title 'unique cpu overclocking' what is so unique about your p4 1.5 ?

you use sucker intel mobo so sorry for you !

took off your heatsink and you should able to do 100 ghz !

I don't really think we need that kind of **** here

Unfortunately, your motherboard probably won't allow you to Overclock that CPU, and by all means, DO NOT TAKE OFF THAT HEATSINK!

The guy who posted that must be a big shot with a 386, angry at the world for their successes.

Maybe if you buy a new motherboard and start from scratch, you can overclock. Good names are ASUS, Gigabyte, and I've heard some people do some decent overclocking with ECS

Ask for some recommendations if you can afford to replace the motherboard. The people here, on the whole, are fairly helpful.

Again, pay no attention to the guy that posted before me.

Logan

I'd like to second Logan's post - Intel boards have historically not allowed overclocking, if there is any workaround for this I don't know.

OC is done by going into BIOS setup and simply raisng the bus speed. There are also software programs that allow you to do this but I think those programs rely on a board that supports adjustments of the bus - is this correct guys?

123eskk was trying to make a joke I guess, ha ha

Intel MOBO's are not overclockable but are very good and very stable, be happy for that at least - I'd just buy a faster chip and forget OC, chips are fast enough already these days . . . well until Doom III anyway LOL - not to knock OC, I OC everything I use at home. I won't ever OC a customer's PC for obvious reasons.

Originally posted by Logan[TeamX]

Unfortunately, your motherboard probably won't allow you to Overclock that CPU, and by all means, DO NOT TAKE OFF THAT HEATSINK!

The guy who posted that must be a big shot with a 386, angry at the world for their successes.

i will very very angry when i heard of the name INTELLLL !!!!!!!!
    just because it sucks !

if i had the money id buy an intel chip over an AMD.

Intel hate has no place here GET OVER IT! See the consequence? A perfectly innocent first poster gets humiliated, why? Because he owns an Intel board? Pulease
    Last edited by AlexGee; 10-21-2002 at 09:13 AM.

123eskk, you need to learn to respect others and be here to help rather than just rip on them for using something you dont like you little homo

Ultimate Member
    Even if you hate intel 123, theres no need to tell him to remove his heatsink.. he may have well (no offense to your intelligence here kissleng) gonbe and removed it and burnt out his chip...

theres no need for deliberatley wrong... we provide a free friendly service here... dont be an exception to that 123

As for your o/c -- yup p4's are pretty limited in respect to overclockign im afraid

An Optimus - **** straigt - if i was filthy rich id be an intel fanboy alright .. as it is though i'll stick with AMD and keep the bank manager at bay

--Jakk

you use sucker intel mobo so sorry for you !
    took off your heatsink and you should able to do 100 ghz
    will very very angry when i heard of the name INTELLLL !!!!!!!!
    Somebody pleeeaassee punt this jackass before some noob comes here and takes their hsf off their chip and blames us for his misinformation.

softfsb might be able to overclock that chip despite your use of an intel board.

Here's the link:
    http://www.voodoofiles.com/250

Don't listen to 123eskk, he sounds like a dumbass.
    This is where my signature would go if I wasn't so lazy.

When did Intel stop adding jumpers to their mobos? I know jumpers are kind of a thing of the past. This AMD vs. INTEL thing is just boring. I'm glad to have both, each one makes the other better through competition.

123eskk- you don't belong here, I hope you get banned, You could have cost this person a lot of pain and money .
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

Welcome to Sysopt, kissleng!

Just ignore 123esk. The vast majority of the members here at Sysopt are nothing like that.

As stated earlier, Intel motherboards aren't known for their overclocking abilities. They are mainly for stability, and they are quite stable. Intel would prefer that end users not overclock, so they don't extend overclocking features into their motherboards.

Softfsb may work. Just read the details and give it a whirl. Bump up your front side bus slowly and test out your system at each stage.

Hey.

Regards this Intel jumper thing.
    Where can l get one.

Evenings are getting long and snows will follow.
    Are they cool colours, red maybe.