Thread: Phoenix Browser question

Phoenix Browser question

Is it normal for the browser to have problems viewing some web pages? For instance, MSKB articles or even some none MS sites. The text is written on top of the same line , usually the first few lines sometimes a paragraph.
    I'm assuming for now these sites are
    "...viewed best with IE..." ?

It's probably ActiveX controls. Yes - use IE.
    MS MCP, MCSE

FWIW:
    I've found that Mozilla based browsers do a better overall job than Opera. But not nearly as well as IE. That's because many websites do not hold to agreed upon coding standards.

One reason IE is popular is because it will render non-standard compliant web pages correctly. Or at least so they look good. And that (seeing a good page) is what most browsers (people) care about.

I use mostly Mozilla. Sometimes Opera. IE I use for MS sites (due to the problem you are describing) and some secure websites that refuse to do business with Mozilla or Opera.
    I plan on living forever. So far, so good.

I've been waiting for help on this one for a long time now. I've been having the same problems also.

Originally posted by Cluedo

I use mostly Mozilla. Sometimes Opera. IE I use for MS sites (due to the problem you are describing) and some secure websites that refuse to do business with Mozilla or Opera.
    What SSL or HTTPS places you have problem with?

i do all my Secured transaction using Mozilla with no problem

yes the only pages that will not display well are those that are made only for IE using Active X

even Opera has problem lining those pages properly

Microsoft does not comply with the stricter standards(W3C) that Opera and Mozilla use to display webpages. If the page was W3C compliant than it would be rendered the same for all Browsers.