Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Arctic silver 3 temperature drop

Arctic silver 3 temperature drop

According to the arctic silver website, ac 3 reaches it optimal state after at least 72 hours where a temperature drop from between 2-5 degrees can be expected.

Is this also what ac 3 users have experienced or is it just wishful thinking.

Thanks Robert

I recently installed new hsf using AS3. I did notice a drop in temp after about 36-48 hours of use. Heatsink installation can be tricky. If it's not done correctly, results can be very disappointing.

Doesnt it need warm temps to "cure" and drop the temps.. if so, then I dont know if it will work with the new Vapochill system I am building this week!

Soon

I will know in the next two days, I broke down and spent the $5 for the AS3, I know is all marketing but had to try since it was so cheap! I should get it tomorrow in the mail, then will give it a couple days to set it!

I already use it, but I am gonna be sub zero °C temps on this new computer, and I probably wont get the full benefit of the Arctic Silver 3

I think u will get benfit from the AS3 in subzero!

When u stick a metal into freezer and then u take it out it's usually cold as hell it's the simular idea for the AS3 extra cold delivers the coldness directly to the cpu

Theorically

Originally posted by Grentarc
    I already use it, but I am gonna be sub zero °C temps on this new computer, and I probably wont get the full benefit of the Arctic Silver 3

yeah.. I hope...
    everything works in theory....

btw.. i think i need to re apply it to my Volcano 7+.... coz my temps are higher after re setting the HSF the other month.. and i think i trapped an air-bubble... not good.
    Last edited by Grentarc; 09-30-2002 at 10:28 AM.

Might be a good idea to reapply it.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_s...structions.htm

Originally posted by Grentarc
    yeah.. I hope...
    everything works in theory....

btw.. i think i need to re apply it to my Volcano 7+.... coz my temps are higher after re setting the HSF the other month.. and i think i trapped an air-bubble... not good.

i usually re-apply it when i remove the HSF, but this time i didnt coz i was at a LAN, and i didnt have any with me... from now on i take it when i go!

Ultimate Member
    In two systems, I went from AS-II to AS-III and... maybe... saw a drop of 1°C... but that's all right. Every little bit helps. On my third system -- my wife's "quiet pc" actually -- (a P-4 1.6 OC'ed to 2.134) went from thermal tape to AS-III and dropped about 4-5°C.

Is it worth it? For me, YES, because I really don't mind messing around!
    jmichna

Thanks for the replys guys, i will be keeping my fingers crossed . Still got some 50 hours to go.

Robert

Too Cold

What's the good word- Have the Temps dropped ? Are you at sub-Arctic temps yet?

I should be receiving my AS3 tonight and I expect to see frost forming around my Case like on my beer mugs by morning. I don't expect to see my Temps Rise above 40 degrees Kelvin, which for the goggle lazy is about -233 C.

Artic Silver IV (soon to be released after testing is completed on Uranus) is said to keep temps at Absolute Zero easily!
    Last edited by strat1; 10-03-2002 at 07:25 AM.

After I took off the thermal pad and applied Arctice silver III (going by the directions on the site), and putting in one of those metal case fans behind the CPU, I got a drop of 8 degrees total. I'm not sure how much of that is directly related to the AS3 though.

Re: Too Cold

Originally posted by strat1
    What's the good word- Have the Temps dropped ? At you at sub-Arctic temps yet?

I should be receiving my AS3 tonight and I expect to see frost forming around my Case like on my beer mugs by morning. I don't expect to see my Temps Rise above 40 degrees Kelvin, which for the goggle lazy is about -233 C.

Artic Silver IV (soon to be released after testing is completed on Uranus) is said to keep temps at Absolute Zero easily!
    Sorry but you wont be able to see -233 C with AS3 "Not suitable"!

Extended temperature limits: – 40°C to >180°C

Proof

Well, i still have some 40+ hours to go and no temp drops so far. But i'm still optimistic.

Robert