Thread: Any Network Administrators here?

Any Network Administrators here?

Just curious, I'll soon be a displaced worker....at 47 years old, would a 2 year Associates degree in Network Adm.... from a tech school, be worth my while? Any advice is appreciated.
    BTW, 4 years is out of the question!

Thanks!!

There are lots of unemployed network admins - yours truly included. If you do go that route, concentrate your efforts on Cisco training. Oracle training (database) is valuable too these days.
    MS MCP, MCSE

I'm the network admin of my house! I've got two computers running off one layer 3 device, and a 1 mbs coax connection to the internet.

I'm taking Cisco training from my school right now, and I hope to get my CCNA this next summer. I'll try to use it to get some money in the summer before college.

It's got to be tough for 47 year olds to compete with 18 year olds like me in the computer tech area.

I agree, go for cisco all the way!
    That's what I've done and still going through.
    It's better to burnout than fade away!

Competing with 18 year olds doesn't concern me...I was 4 years away from a 30 and out, full pension....now I'll have to work till 65...or whatever the age is now.
    I'm thinking now is a good time for a career change, but I may stick with what I know...CNC machining. Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it.