Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Asus A7N266-VM

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=nf...p_win98se_2.03

try the drivers there. The ones on the cd are older I think

Thanks Maximus,

but unfortunately I've already been down that route....I think it has something to do with me using Win 98 original rather than 98SE. I've trawled the message boards and think a few people have gotten Win98 original to work, but don't know the details how. Hopefully I can avoid forking out on a new OS, what started out as a defective hard-drive on my last system is turning into a major spending binge....

New HDD needed new CPU,
    New CPU needed new motherboard,
    New motherboard needed new Ram,
    New motherboard needed new keyboard,
    New motherboard needed new modem,
    New motherboard needed new ATX case,
    New motherboard needs new OS???!!! Arg!!!

I just hope the new HDD works...;-)

Dan

http://www.amdforums.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=8
    or http://www.google.com/grphp?hl=en&ta...-8&oe=UTF-8&q=
    look around there. This weekend I will be puting togher mine, but with XP.. Your system is up to par your next upgrade should be the os .. GL.. Dan you have a PM
    Last edited by maximus02143; 03-27-2003 at 09:13 PM.

sir, where can i find an ASUS A7N266C (or any nforce model that isn't a microATX form factor)?

thanks!

Built the new system the other I just noticed the the case fans and the cpu fan and the light on the mb it self never shut off even when I power off the box. The only to get them to stop is shutting the master switch on the psu….. any suggestions what it could be.. the case is an ANTEC SOLUTION SERIES Model# SLK2600AMB w/ANTEC SMART POWER.. Thanks in advance.. You have to hold the power botton for more than 4 sec is what I just read. If thats true how can you disable it
    Last edited by maximus02143; 04-02-2003 at 01:49 PM.

I recently purchased this board and received an update sheet in the manual with the correct jumper settings. So far I have had no problems with the board and am more than satisfied with the performance at such a sensible price.

I built a cheapy system based on the A7N266-VM AA board for a friend about a month ago and he's happy with it so far, no problems at all. He's running Win98SE so I had to install the drivers by hand but that wasn't so bad - except that one wasn't where the manual said it was and I had to figure out where it really was. Good board though for a basic system. I would have liked to have kept it and maybe I'll build another one for me later.

Pepito,

If you don't want a MicroATX, just get an nForce2 board. For just basic features, the Soltek SL-75MRN-L for $99 at New Egg might be the best deal. Or if you don't want the integrated graphics, the Soltek SL-75FRN2 for $102. Odd that the one without costs more since I don't see any difference in features. For a more deluxe board, loaded with juicy features, I'd suggest the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe for $143, which is what my main system is built on.

I just built a guy a basic gaming system on this board, a 2200+ and a 9500 Pro.

It's the second system I've built on this board and I like it.
    "Dude you're getting a Dell." Obscure curse from the early 21st Century, ascribed to a minor demon-spirit known as "Stephen?" [sp].

I agree about finding the drivers as I am running Win98se but once loaded I have not had any problems with the board. I also like the fact that there is provision for six USB ports and an additional serial connector is provided with the board

lol, if u need a new os try kazaa

i got xp pro 4 free only probs is i cant install sp1, sez i hav invalid license number

ichorid,

lol, if u need a new os try kazaa ;p
    i got xp pro 4 free only probs is i cant install sp1, sez i hav invalid license number
    Unacceptable. These threads are NOT to promote piracy. It's people like you who are inciting the RIAA et al with neo fascist laws against the rest of us.

No lol's about it.

ßeeßlesoft

Dan Mac,

I was also having issues setting up the audio (A7N266-C) and Windows 98 SE.

Solution: get a Soundblaster Live! 5.1. They're cheap, and even when I tried discerning the difference between nforce and soundblaster (while on my XP partition) I could not tell any bit of difference at all. Came out to be marketing hype, or those people just have better ears than me.

Nforce was never intended to be used with 98. ME was supposed to be the oldest OS supported.

This site may lead to some great info for nforce users:
    http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/

ß

UUUGGGHHH I cannot get my box to shut down. It goes to sleep-suspend mode every time I shut down. I changed ever option disable and enable every thing I could think of… anyone has any ideas. Could it have any thing to do with the hdd came from another system and instead of installing a fresh copy of XP pro I just did a repair…. Was it a jumper I missed…….
    Asus A7N266-VM
    XP pro
    xp1800

maximus02143

It sounds like your Power Management settings are set to sleep-suspend.

Get into start-->settings-->control panel -->Power Management and look into it from there. If not here, look in your power options in the BIOS.

ß

Problem solvered
    Last edited by run_to_the_max; 05-14-2003 at 04:07 AM.