Thread: Audio catalyst and XP problem using aspi

Audio catalyst and XP problem using aspi

Hi again guys.

ja know i wish i never installed xp, its giving me so many headaches ya know.

the next prob is using audio catalyst. I installed it OK, went to rip a cd and got an aspi error, so i downloaded the new aspi driver for xp and it still wont work. under where you can select. Aspi,mscdex and analog. Analog is the obly one i can select and that rips cd's at 1x ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Any tips would be helpful

Richard

The audiocatalyst site doesn't mention anything about xp. But the good news is it does work on xp. All you have to do is install force aspi 4.61 and then you can select aspi again.

Robert

if that's the case then get these new drivers
    http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/sup...duct/ASPI-4.70

thanks for the reply's guys. i have already downloaded and installed the drivers before i posted

this is what i see in audio catalyst system information...
    Attached Images Attached Images

So did you install them?

i did see your picture

and it exactely shows that it has not ASPI installed

so did you install and REBOOT?

yup. installed, rebooted, installed and rebooted again. cant figure i out

that's Odd, some how the ASPI drivers are not really installing properly in your computer

try installing CDR-Win

or WinDVD

those will sure ask and check for ASPI to see if they are good or not

ok, i know this is an older post, but i am having the same problem. i have tried the forceaspi solution and windows would not restart a couple of times, but aspichk is now showing all four files as version 4.60 (1021).

audiocatalyst is showing nothing for an aspi manager in the system info screen. I tried downloading CDRwin and it works with the drivers that it comes with, but when i try to switch to the system drivers i get the "unable to initialise the aspi manager, aspi support info was not found" message.

any ideas? i want to put my entire cd collection on HD, and 1X rip speed ain't gonna cut it!!!
    Comcrap Presario
    AMD-K6 w/3D Now! 534Mhz
    256 MB PC-100
    Windows 98se
    SB Audigy Platinum EX

btt
    Comcrap Presario
    AMD-K6 w/3D Now! 534Mhz
    256 MB PC-100
    Windows 98se
    SB Audigy Platinum EX

would running a dual-boot system using 98SE/XP solve this problem? I could run the program in 98SE where it actually worked good ?
    Comcrap Presario
    AMD-K6 w/3D Now! 534Mhz
    256 MB PC-100
    Windows 98se
    SB Audigy Platinum EX

Dual booting just to use AudioCatalyst?

Are you drunk?

There are plenty of other freeware options available to you that will work under XP for ripping CDs or converting audio files to wav, etc. For the third time this week I suggest dBpowerAMP

the program works under XP, but like the guy that started this thread, i can't seem to get the aspi driver to work right, so i am only able to rip them at 1x.....
    Comcrap Presario
    AMD-K6 w/3D Now! 534Mhz
    256 MB PC-100
    Windows 98se
    SB Audigy Platinum EX

Quote Originally Posted by nottatuma
    ok, i know this is an older post, but i am having the same problem. i have tried the forceaspi solution and windows would not restart a couple of times, but aspichk is now showing all four files as version 4.60 (1021).

audiocatalyst is showing nothing for an aspi manager in the system info screen. I tried downloading CDRwin and it works with the drivers that it comes with, but when i try to switch to the system drivers i get the "unable to initialise the aspi manager, aspi support info was not found" message.

any ideas? i want to put my entire cd collection on HD, and 1X rip speed ain't gonna cut it!!!
    I have the same CD ROM access problem using Audio Catalyst on XP Home Edition. Only the Analog method is allowed, all others are greyed out. It does however work fine on a computer using XP Pro. Is there any cd rom protection built into the home edition version ? Could this be the problem?

I installed the ASPI files from the adaptec site and that didn't make any difference. I also copied the older ASPI files from my other computer (XP Pro) onto the Home Edition PC and it still didn't work so I DON'T believe that the ASPI files are the cause of the problem. They're fine.

Also, there are other programs out there to use, but I have not run across another program as easy to use, simple, and effective as Audio Catalyst. I would love to keep using it forever if I can figure out this nutty problem with the home edition.