Thread: Help with Mozilla 1.0.1

Help with Mozilla 1.0.1

I've been debating on trying this browser because I'm a long time IE user. But after downloading it, I'm amazed at what I've been missing. This is truly a great browser. It's just one complaint I have about it. Sometimes when I load a web page, it doesn't always align (center) the web page like IE does. I have to scroll over to read everything. Is there some utility that fixes this problem with Mozilla? If so I would gladly appreciate it if you would share because this is a great browser.

As far as I know, no. Can't think of any utilities that have been made for Mozilla. (Except for a Google SearchBar that I just found today that says it will with Mozilla.)

It's a great browser (use it 99.9% of the time myself) but not a whole lot of support yet. Unless you're into modifying code, which is what Mozilla is all about. If a page isn't coded to standard, then you'll see pages like you mention. IE tends to ignore some coding and to display them incorrectly (actually a plus for viewers).
    I plan on living forever. So far, so good.

Re: Help with Mozilla 1.0.1

Originally posted by j-bone
    I've been debating on trying this browser because I'm a long time IE user. But after downloading it, I'm amazed at what I've been missing. This is truly a great browser.
    Actually, I installed Mozilla, and wasnt overly impressed, so i onyl spent a couple of days testing it out.

Opera to me, is what Mozilla is to you.
    I had been using IE, since the early days, when i switched from Netscape (4.7.2) on a Win95 platform.
    Opera is the fresh air i needed, alot faster than IE and Mozilla, and its open source.. what more could i want.

Nice links AllGamer. Hadn't seen the multizilla one before. Tks.

Looks interesting. Wonder if Multizilla will break my current Mozilla install. (Did have that happen on a beta, even though I installed it into an empty directory. Such is life.)

SkypilotM is really classy. Oops...got to fly...I see there's a new one out since 12th of September: http://www.projectit.com/skypilot/

Java...a must, IMO. I'm using
    v1.4.0_01. Version 1.3.1 worked also. Just stuck with 1.4 after fighting XP Home when using non-Windows Java. As long as:
    Shows shadows under menus
    show shadows under mouse pointer
    is unchecked, Sun Java works fine. With those checked, whenever Sun Java was in use, the Systray Icons, and entire start menu would go spastic and flash/flicker. Works fine with 98/SE though.

what more could i want
    A million dollars?

Have Opera also...long before Mozilla. I'm waiting to see what v7.0 looks like. Opera is much better, IMO, than IE...but I always hated it's hotlist bookmark system. Found IE's favorites much faster/easier to use...and with about 4,000 +/- bookmarks that was a big factor for me.