Thread: How To Use Headphones????????

How To Use Headphones????????

Its driving me crazy but how and where do I plug my Headphones into so I can crank up the sound while everyone else is asleep?
    Not the CD rom input.
    I have a MX300 sound card with Cambridge Soundworks 4 speakers and subwoofer. I just cant figureout which plug on the back of the sound card or sub woofer.
    Hope U guys can help.

You can plug the headphone in the back of your sound card "Speaker Out", where you have your speakers connected.... Unless your speakers have a headphone jack built-in to the speaker, you will need to get a Y-Adapter to have the headphone and speakers connected simutaneously...

Thanks for the quick reply. What I ended up doing was removing all the inputs and plugged in the headphones. The quality of sound in UT and Q3 was awesome.
    As the connectors on the back of the MX300 are gold plated, will a Y-Adapter reduce the sound quality much? Thanks.

No, it will not reduce the sound quality using a Y-Adapter, at least nothing that your ears will be able to notice...

However, it may weaken the output just a bit since your sound card will have two output devices, speakers and headphones. But you can just turn up the volume to solve that problem!

[This message has been edited by NDC (edited 03-04-2001).]

That's what i'd do..Just unplug everything that looks like it has something to do with sound...
    Seems to always work for me!
    My sound card has two output devices but i can't have both speakers/headphones plugged in because when i turn up the headphones the sound starts getting choppy..
    So i just unplug the speakers..

Mike