Thread: INSTALLING WIN 2000- HOW!

Banned

INSTALLING WIN 2000- HOW!

In my box I've installed a 60 gb hdd and now is partitioned with two fat 32 partitions, one is E:\17gb ,and the other is F:\13gb, and of course my C:\ with win98se installed which is 30 gb approx, and also, there is a second and separate disk formatted to fat32 D:\ with a 10gb range ( which I use to store my ghost images and other stuff ). Now I intend to install win2k in ether a partition or on my spare disk (D:\). So here I have two questions: where is the best place to install win2k and the most important! How is it done....... I mean step by step process of how to install win2k ! what I don't know is How to choose "where"the installation will take place. I'll appreciate your input thanks!!

Select any partition you want. Just don't choose C:, since you don't want w2k and win98 in the same partition. The w2k boot files will be placed on C:, and the dual boot menu created for you.

Banned
    Obenton thanks for the reply but in your post there is not enough info for me to do it yet .!!!! Now if I install win2k in my D:\ drive will I loose all the stuff that's in D:\ you know the ghost images etc,etc, and there is other issues, like why is there a recycle bin icon at the start of the drive! and the reading of the drive free space do not compute, the ghost images are not more then 2.5 gb and the other stuff, mainly text, when it's all added up do not add to more then 2.6 gb if that, but windows says that my free space is only 3,5 gb and the used space is 5.9 gb, so now my D:\ disk is 10gb total, there is about a 3gb of space unaccounted for and where is it gone. What's happening Here!!!!!!

just reboot from the CD
    then follow the Very easy Step by Step menues that it asks you

as long as you answer every question the install program shows you

then the rest is automatic