Thread: Windows 2000 SFC

Windows 2000 SFC

Hmmmm,

I have Windows 2000 Pro installed with service pack 2. It currently has MS OFfice 97. I try to install Office 2000 and all goes well up till the end. At that point the Window File protection kicks in and says it needs the original OS disk. Problem is, I don't have the exact original disk. I do have a disk with the cabs on it though. Is there a way to spoof Windows 2k into reading the cabs off of my disk? Thats a good question, hey? Alright folks. Any ideas? or am I gonna have to drive cleeear across town to get my disk. ;-)

Hoplessly Lazy,
    Staple

Any w2k cd should do.

just point it to the correct ..\i386 folder

Ultimate Member
    ^^^WHAT HE SED

--well that worked for me on win 98 -- for soem reason i had a proper install disc and a disc with just the .CAB's

--Jakk

Well, actually there is no option for pointing it to the right directory. Unfortunatly it just sits there and waits for a cd. You can get the same message as me by typeing sfc /scannow. I resolved the issue by getting the disc but It would be good to know how to get around it for future reference. I've done alot of looking and haven't found a single thing on this. (Lots on SFC, just not on spoofing it.) I'm sure if someone knows the trick it would be very useful.