Thread: Windows XP pro Shutdown Issue

Windows XP pro Shutdown Issue

Machine does not COMPLETELY shutdown. I still have to press the power button.

Why does this happen?

Thanks

Thanks

Enjoy the time u are having.

Does it say "It is now safe to turn off your computer" or does it just hand when it says "windows is shutting down"?
    If it is the first, then you installed it with ACPI disabled in the BIOS or on a motherboard that doesn't support Windows XPs ACPI Mode. most of these will have a BIOS update, but to fix this problem, you need to re-install. Does the computer recognise itself as an ACPI PC?
    If it is the second one, it could be anything, from dodgy device drivers, to web servers to compatibility problems with your hardware.
    Post again with more info.
    NuKeS
    -
    Drugs amy be the road to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route.

The ACPI doesn't really matter

what you must check is the APM in the BIOS, make sure it's Enabled to Custom, Minimum, or Maximum

and also make sure that WinXP/2K has the APM feature ENABLED in the Control Pannel

I'm not using ACPI in BIOS, nor in Windoze

yet i get to shutdown on its own, or via the Power On/Off

and the only thing i had to enable was the APM feature.

so try that

Shutdown

Hi

It tells me i can turn off my machine basically. I dont know the exact message because i am not at home now, but it says it is all clear. I dont have corruption problems or stupid messages saying windows xp didnt shutdown nicely b4.

I dont understand what u mean by APCI, i shall look for that stuff in my bios.

Thanks
    Thanks

Enjoy the time u are having.