View Poll Results: WHO ROCKS: (POLL) INTEL or AMD?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • AMD is the DADDY (all round)

60 65.93%
  • INTEL is the DADDY (all round)

31 34.07%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: WHO ROCKS: (POLL) INTEL OR AMD?

If I were rich I would buy AMD cpu's and I do buy AMd cpu's
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

THen wait until you rich first
    Leo

Well I can afford either if I want to. But what I am saing is I can buy whatever I want buy I still buy AMD.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure

Can someone clear up a few things for me once and for all about AMD/Intel?

1)
    Is Intel a better "quality" chip as in a product than AMD as in being more sturdy and well put together? I think I heard this here before.

2)
    Do Intel chips perform better in graphics programs than AMD (Photoshop, 3DSMAX, Maya, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc)? Or are only XEONs a lot better for these appz?

Thanks
    Visionology Interactive Media
    http://www.visim.com

i personaly am a AMD fan, i have a thunderbird 1.4 and i love it but for right now INTEL is da king with its 2.5 ghz proc plus this crazy fsb that it has 533 and the new rdram 1050 (or something) the benchmarks just go off the charts.

Intel is da winna , ba ja fa naw

Just wait till barton and hammer come, o yah
    regards,

the xenon

Intel = M$

There's a good reason why I won't buy Intel these days. It is their change in corporate philosophy. Back when they found the FPU error on the original pentiums, they were happy to replace your CPU if you could prove to them that your work required the necessary calculations that were being erred. When the P4 came out, besides being rushed out months before it was ready (It fried MoBos, didn't work with some printers (I hear), and was not compatible with multiple monitor setups), it was overpriced and underperforming. Add to that Intel's attitude toward the flaws in the chip (especially the multiple monitor flaw). Their response was: It won't affect that many people. Just 5 years and suddenly they were so concerned with profit that customer concerns were no longer their own. The management of Intel cares not a lick about the pc user, only how much money they can make from them for turning out a flawed product with insufficient testing. Attitude is everything and Intel's sucks!

Originally posted by the xenon
    i personaly am a AMD fan, i have a thunderbird 1.4 and i love it but for right now INTEL is da king with its 2.5 ghz proc plus this crazy fsb that it has 533 and the new rdram 1050 (or something) the benchmarks just go off the charts.

Intel is da winna , ba ja fa naw

Just wait till barton and hammer come, o yah
    As you can see you are outnumbered resistance is futile . Your response is either to one side or the other you can't be on both sides of the table and call yourself an amd supporter Benedict Arnold just joking

It's clear that AMD RULES when you compare performance and price.

I only keep Intel's Inside! I had a Cyrix 150 mhz and an AMD 33 mhz, and I HATED THEM BOTH. Well acually I didn't buy either, my dad did. INTEL RULZ, AMD DROOLZ!

AMD, yeah right, never happen..

I'll stick with Intel thank you...

And I can Afford it so there is no need to look anywhere else...
    Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

count me another vote for AMD

AMD kick serious ***. Sorry intel, you had your time. Like the dinosours, now it is AMD's time.

Hmmm...after my friend cracked a XP 1800, I spent $165 on a 2.0a GHz and have been running fine at 2.8GHz since...and I haven't seen ANY AMD that will touch it.

Oh, and I doubt that I will 'crack' my P4.
    WINDOWS 2000....Need I say more!

AMD for me - solely on cost! (Value for money)

Yeap AMD is cheap and economical

and it performs 110% better than Intel

Well, you're not going to "crack" the XP 2200 or the 2400 / 2600 for that matter because all of them are on the .13 micron die process rather than the old .18 micron die process which means lower temps and faster speed. Plus, the 2400 / 2600 + have better insulators and a new, separate metal plate that helps with insulation of the heat.

The Barton and Clawhammer will make Intel look like a Trabant while they will look like Ferrari's.

You also forgot about DDR-II that's coming out soon. Ooooh, I long for the upcoming days for AMD!
    Mama's don't let your babies grow up to be computer nerds. Don't let em pick their noses and play them ol' games. Let em be cowboys and ranchers on the plains.