Thread: Off-ball question: Anyone use EDO RAM as a keyring tag?

Hybrid View

Off-ball question: Anyone use EDO RAM as a keyring tag?

One day I upgraded my Cyrix 6x86MX PR 200 to 256MB SDRAM from a wimpy 16MB EDO (2x8MB 60ns). I asked myself what I was going to do with the RAM. I thought to myself "Well I saw one of my managers use one stick as a keyring tag..". It was quite simple. EDO RAM has a circle in both ends. I just looped it onto my keyring and off I went. Quite handy in getting your keys out of your pockets.

Anyone else doing this? hehe

Keyrings, jewelry, all kinds of doo dads to make with them! Two of our teens wear them as ear rings, a bit long for me but I am a long way from teen years. Collect enough of them and you can glue them down like tiles.
    "nothing you do for children is ever wasted" Keillor

I have an Athlon XP keychain (Yes, I fried it before I made the keychain ).

Not EDO, but the one before EDO RAM. You know, the short, less-pinned one? The one that usually had like 6 or 8 slots for it? I HAD one of them as a keyring, very handy in opening those boxes which are taped up so much that it would give Fort Knox a run for it's money.

HAD, though. It was pilfered off my keychain. No, they didn't actually do me a favor by stealing my car as well, they only stole the RAM. Who knows? Maybe they wanted to upgrade their computer or something...
    ---=={VIRJO}==---

Ultimate Member
    I have both an AMD Athlon and 64mb Stick of SDRAM which could be used as keyrings... im a lil reluctant to ounch a hole in the CPU though as its still partially functioning

--Jakk

I prefer a Socket 478 Pentium 4, small and compact
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers