Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wow I broke 10k check it

Originally posted by salandar
    the thing that has me really frustrated is this:

Game 4 - Nature

My SCORE: (FPS) 39.5

COMPARED SCORE: (FPS) 68.9

Why in da hell do I get a FPS of 39.5, when I have a geforce4 4400 128mb gpu, while the compared has a geforce4 4200 64mb GPU?????????
    That's a good question...

Can you post your "compare" link to your results? Are all of the other games resonably close in FPS? What driver version are you running?

FWIW, those benchmarks on my machine were with the latest 40.41 (?) drivers from Nvidia.

the thing that has me really frustrated is this:

Game 4 - Nature

My SCORE: (FPS) 39.5

COMPARED SCORE: (FPS) 68.9

Why in da hell do I get a FPS of 39.5, when I have a geforce4 4400 128mb gpu, while the compared has a geforce4 4200 64mb GPU?????????
    Dude, Nature is a test of advanced pixel shaders. Like anything realted to fill rate, your quality settings have a dramatic effect. And ---->!!! they do not show up in the report if adjusted. So with a tool like NVmax or coolbits... turn off anistropic filtering, turn off vsync and set MIPmap LOD to the lowest setting (in nvmax this means use a higher number, not lower) and ensure AA is off in the driver as well as in the benchmark. Then overclock, overclock overclock.

Again this is why these numbers are meaningless. Nobody uses default settings, and even if they did, every card has different defaults. Also you and he are not using the same card, motherboard or anything. Your numbers will never be the same. But you may be faster in other areas... just enjoy the experience, and have fun making your machine the best it can be, not the best in the world (that not possible).

FoxW

this is my benchmark, not sure how I get the compare benchmark for you. When I click on the link for your scores, it auto-gives me the compare screen...

http://service.madonion.com/servlet/...&projectType=6

this is my benchmark, not sure how I get the compare benchmark for you. When I click on the link for your scores, it auto-gives me the compare screen...

http://service.madonion.com/servlet/...&projectType=6
    Actually, that URL just takes me to my own scores

In the upper left of the page, click "project manager" and choose the result you want to show. Make sure the "published" box is checked. If it is, there should be a "compare URL" below the result. That's what you want to post...when other people click it it will show their active results compared to yours.

FWIW, my benchmarks were all done with default settings in video card settings and 3DMark settings.

this work?

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4422242
    Yep, sure did. Looks like you are right even with most of my other scores (give or take a few %), it's just that one game. Shoot, I really don't know how to help out though. Sorry