Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help!! Motherboards...Experts

Ultimate Member
    As others have mentioned... and if you think you may want to try overclocking at some point... go with EPoX. The 8K3A+ or it's newer "big" brother - the 8K5A3+ - have everything you want, plus more. And their overclocking fearture set is great!!! With the latest BIOS, they already offer support for the XP2400+ and XP2600+ CPUs, and will prob have the XP2700/2800 covered soon too.
    jmichna

Between me, my wife and my son, we're all running MSI boards with no problems at all.

The kid has a hand-me-down Turbo2 running a 1.4 TBird 266 and 768mb Crucial PC133 CL2.

The wife is running the K7T266 Pro2 with a 1.33 TBird 266 and 512mb Crucial PC2100.

I'm running the KT3 Ultra with an XP 1900+ and 512mb Samsung PC2700.

All these boards have been rock solid stable since they came out of the box. I have heard that the KT3 overclocks well, but not as well as the Epox and other brands. I don't overclock though because I don't need to.

Take a little trip over to www.amdmb.com and check out the various AMD board forums. It will give you a good idea of what's out there, how people like it and what kind of problems there are.
    This area reserved for highly intelligent observations.

Another vote for Epox... love my 8KHA+ but it does not meet YOUR requirement. I like jmichna's suggestion...
    Biglaker

I say go with the GA-7VR from Gigabyte. It has great features. The only problem is the CMOS setup is slow and funny.

yeah i like the GigaByte too, lots of very userful features in the BIOS.

but I like Abit beter MUCH MUCH More power for you to control, almost 99.9% of all BIOS the features at your disposal.

in Gigabyte there are still tons of things locked out.

Abit makes excellent boards and the Epox is an excellent product also. I have a AT7 and a 8K3A+. Ican't speak too highly twoards the 8k, since it didn't /doesn't work (D.O.A.) out of the box, but my 8K3A+ worked flawlwssly.
    Had to throw that little gripe in there because it is very aggrivating to get a new toy and not have it work.