Thread: Any one running a Video Card in an HP?

Any one running a Video Card in an HP?

I bought my uncle a Radeon 7000 PCI card for his HP 7915. Then I find out, alot of people are having trouble with this card. It wouldn't work on his.

So, is anyone running a PCI card on an HP successfully? If so, what card?

I don't know alot about HP's, so any help would be appreciated.

BTW: I was getting the blue HP screen on his PC, but that's as far as it went. I've also read where guys have ran cards other than that one in HP's but no specific names of the cards.

Thanks Guys

It's not the Video Card that does not work

it's the HP that needs to have a good way to dissable the ON-BOARD video that does not work

yes, countless of people has the same problem with ANY video card be nVidia, be ATI, or Matrox, it doesn't work cuz of the annoying on-board video

best bet is to call HP and complain to them

Yeah and it still works today. My 7 year old daughter uses it.
    HP 6630, 500 mhz celeron, 256 mb sdram, ATI radeon 32mb sdr.
    After hard install ( monitor connected to card) boot to bios and select pci as primary display, accept changes, re-boot and in device manager, update display adapter from selected location ie; cd-rom. Follow instructions from there. It will probably tell you to re-boot. After re-boot check device manager again and if the onboard adapter shows up still just disable it. (dont disable the radeon adapter.)

Yeah, I know it's the HP and not the Card that's causing the trouble.

But HP's have worked with PCI cards, just not this one, and I'm not sure of the brands or names of the one's that do work.

Originally posted by AllGamer
    It's not the Video Card that does not work

it's the HP that needs to have a good way to dissable the ON-BOARD video that does not work

yes, countless of people has the same problem with ANY video card be nVidia, be ATI, or Matrox, it doesn't work cuz of the annoying on-board video

best bet is to call HP and complain to them

Thanks I appreciate it.

i have an hp pavillion 510c and have tried everything to get a geoforce mx420 pci card to work with no luck.

I bought a PNY Verto GeForce 4 64mb mx 420 PCI

Disabled the onboard, installed the card, booted perfectly. Installed the drivers and it's good to go.

Thanks for the help guys.

yes with the PCI version it's kinda easier to get it to work right, but with the AGP one is like a nitemare