Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: You Know I feel like leaving sysopt

You Know I feel like leaving sysopt

I am not going to start attacking anyone in particular as I feel that would be wrong and against the rules and regulations of the board but this place is starting to suck.

Recently I have been spending most of day here answering questions checking at 4/5 times a day and spending about 3/4 hours on the various forums, but in the past few days....well all I can say is that my dis-appointment and anger at this place has increased.

Certain members make me feel like ****, they disregard anything I say or call me ignorant, others tell me to kiss their **** in a PM and start attacking my thoughts on matters for no reason...I have even been told I have no common-sense or sense of humour. Why the heck should I stay for this?

Now I like sysopt, I have been year for almost a year and am starting to know the board members and realise who to listen to and who not to, who is here for genuine reasons, and who is here just to flame people but most upsetting is the fact that a racial divide is in place.

I read on the internet that goverments want to seperate the internet up into seperate areas to conicide with the 7 continents and have virutal passports to move between these areas, this in my opinon sucks, but then when you are at boards like this.....you notice the problem. As a englishman I have a different way of thinking to Americans (fair and true point) but since you are in the majority you make me (and possibly other British residents but I can't speak for them) feel out of place and not welcome here.

Now, I guess this thread will be moved into the moderators forum, closed or deleted, but I had to make this point known not only to the Admin staff but to the forum users. I don't want to spend my time here thinking about racism and "us" vs them attitude....it would be nice if the place existed for us all.

Now the problem resides that this will be considered a leaving thread by many, but I don't want to leave...I learn too much here, but in the same respect I am not about to come to a place opening myself for attacks, I am not someone who can enjoy been "some guy who hangs around" and getting attacked at regular intervals.

Stefan
    Stefan

i never get any PMs

but i completely agree with u, ppl do get annoying here at times
    and i dont think that admins should delete so many threads. (i.e. pls dont delete this 1!)

and DocEvi1 DONT LEAVE!

regards,

the xenon

many people have different idea ya know!

I agree with you whenyou say people start fightin!!
    but please dont leave!!!

PLEASE!!!

I share your grief, i can say i'm in your shoes, every time i help anyone asking for help, i get flamed if my ideas and believes are different from what they think, so that is definitely a incentive to leave SysOp, but after being here for a long time, you'll know who to listen to and who's not, and besides i can care less what they say, cuz i know that what i say is based on real proof working with actual systems that had those problems.
    anways...

don't leave, you won't find a better board out there

I wonder if there's a way to get the mods in on pms like that.

It's complete cr@p that people should be treating you like that.

As a transplanted Englishman living in Canada, I've lived on that uncomfortable edge for most of my life, if you think it's bad online try seeing the same aggression, rudeness, materialism and selfishness around you all the time.

Having said all that, Americans also have a lot to offer. They are energetic, honest (unless they work for Enron) and usually quite idealistic - especially about things like freedom and individual rights.

One of the reasons I like Sysopt is because it gives me a healthy dose of british along with my regular infusion of American.

As a hybrid I've got to warn you: the future is all about culture shock - in a way you're ahead of your time by experiencing here first.

T

I've sent Doc a PM asking about the PM's he's been getting.

I haven't gotten to ban anyone in a while. Today could be a good day for it.

Hey Doc,

SysOpt has an 'ignore list' why don't you use it.

ignore lists are always a nice feature...

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Originally posted by tking
    As a hybrid I've got to warn you: the future is all about culture shock - in a way you're ahead of your time by experiencing here first.
    T
    Life in the UK isn't all about one race We got central Europe on our doorstep & all in all I think we've held it to gether quite well.

Adaptability is the only way to go: But you gotta agree with Doc
    & we all have our limits.

Enough I think (leave it to the Politicians)

I havent been a member for long, But I have been using this board to solve alot of my problems with computers for a long time now. I have been on a lot of other boards and this one rules.

I find myself coming here every AM waking up with my coffee reading the new posts trying to help out when I know something about what is in question.

Alot of smart thinking people use this board and have alot of different ways of solving one problem. I think its a good thing people can come here and ask a question, then within a few hours have 3-4 replies. Shows some thing about all people "We all work together to achive one common goal" Knowledge!

You lose one person more soon will follow!

Peace Tick

Stefan,

I know for a fact that you have helped me out before with your posts. No matter where you go, there are a$$es that need to be smarter than you. Unfortunately, they seem to come from my country more often than not.

Don't quit. If you quit, then they win.

i agree with Tick

from all the forums i've been this is the only place you can really have sort of a free speech without jumping into a total flame war after just 3 to 5 post

so far this is by far the most Decent and Civilized board

Originally posted by j.m@talk21.com
    Adaptability is the only way to go: But you gotta agree with Doc we all have our limits.
    Too true, and those limits shouldn't be tested by ignorant turds singling out a member and belittling him.

I feel for you Stefan, I've seen people **** all over others in a nasty way here, but as others have said, it's much worse elsewhere.

I'm sure there is a silent minority (without chips on their shoulders the size of Arkansas) who enjoy reading your posts and never say a word.

Some dweeb who resents the world and thinks that his deep and secret knowledge of computers (?) somehow elevates him above others wants to mouth off? See it for what it is and laugh at him. When you're a Uni grad with a life that will be the best revenge.

T

As Posted By Bipolarbill In

http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthre...highlight=rant

"Rant time!

You know, I can understand the people who haven't got the courtesy to return and tell us if our tips helped or not. It irritates me, but I can understand it. I've been dealing with that for years and it's part of the "job".

What really irks me in these forums is the people who come here for help only and complain when we don't have an instant fix. Do you think that these same smarta$$es could stick around and help someone else? Noooo....

As sad as it is, many of our "members" seem to think that we owe them something. They take and take and give nothing back except grief. We should have a "taker" flag that we can pin on the people who b*tch about the free support that they do or don't get. I think that I'm gonna start using the vote icons more often. If you see a thumbs-down, you'll know that we have a whiner on our hands."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If All The Good Leave Only The Bad Will Be Left!
    Hang In There You Are Not Alone!

Baddog
    Improvise - Adapt - Overcome
    SafeSearch is off

Hey, doc not too many members that contribute any more at this forum and it would be a tradgedy to lose one of them that still does.

People wont relize how much they would miss you until you could be missed. You will be missed at least by me if that counts at all.

I hope it wasn't me you are speaking of about making you fell "out of place" because you are not from America. If it was/is do tell.
    Nothing in life is as certain as death, but death is not a wall but a doorway to a new adventure