Thread: ATI TV WONDER PCI QUESTION !!!

ATI TV WONDER PCI QUESTION !!!

Hello all, first post to this board here !! Hoping that someone will be able to help me out here. I recently purchased this tv card in hopes of being able to watch television on my computer AND transfer my video cassettes over to computer. The TV works great, but all i get for the video transfering is a blue screen.

I've updated both the video card and the tv card, i've gotten the windows xp ati drivers from their website.

When i hook up my camcorder to the video card, i ONLY get the sound, i don't get the VIDEO. Just a blue screen.
    I know it's installed, because the television works.

Any help would be appreciated!!
    thanks

Try going to the earliest possible drivers you can, such as the ones that came off the CD. Sometimes the latest and greatest, aren't. If you do get it working, install the latest TV tuner card driver, and make sure it works. If so, then gradually install newer ATI drivers for the vid card till it stops working. Then go back to the one that worked. You might have to temporarily go to Directx7 to make sure it isn't a Directx8 problem.

Apples to Oranges, but my 3dfx Voodoo TV 200 wouldn't work with the newer nVidia drivers and Directx8.1b (pink or blue screen, but audio ok). It only worked with the older 12.00 driver and Directx7. I had to build a nVidia driver to get Directx8.1b and the TV card to work together. Kinda thought your problems might be along the same lines...

good luck.
    2400+ (12x166)
    8RDA Rev 1.1 (3305 BIOS)
    2x256 TwinMos/Windbond PC3200
    AIW 9700 Pro (Cat3.1, MMC8.0)
    Audigy
    SE=15,517
    Game2=163.1 (HiDetail)
    Game4=120.4 (Nature)
    03=5060