Thread: New Detonator 40 drivers are s**t

New Detonator 40 drivers are s**t

What can Im say about these drivers, how useless are they, well not completely but since Nvidia still have not managed to address the problem with Windows XP refresh rates makes them pretty useless. How stupid is this problem. Windows still has not managed to address the problem.

I have learnt 2 things this year as a computer "average user"
    (by the way I was the average user, but this is not possible with the pc, you have to become an expert to fix all of the pathetic programmers errors out there)

1. All microsoft operating systems are useless. They are too unstable to be trusted. For example I expect to have to reinstall windows XP at least once every 2 weeks. Why? Because it keeps corrupting on me. I have come on these forums week after week. Whats my reply, I ger asked to change a million and once things in my PC. What a load of ****. I don't know anyones PC that isn't running like a pile of ****e because windows has not been installed as regularly.

2. PC hardware is a con. AMD for starters sell chips made for cooking not processing. I have finally got mine running stable "NOT OVERCLOCKED" ok I repeat "NOT OVERCLOCKED". I had to repeat it because a number of people on these forums read the "not overclocked" bit and somehow conclude I am overclocking, but I am not. I had to wack on a massive Zalman heat sink. It's based on the copper flower design. I mean if a company can't make a least a decent processor that is cool enough to run they might as well shuv em.
    Not only that but I tried to get help from my motherboard company about some of the strange problems I have had recently. A MASSIVE COMPANY CALLED MSI. Anyone heard of them? You might of as they happen to be one of the biggest mobo makers. However I can't even get one of their technical support team to answer any emails. Even after calling the company I am told not to call them but to send emails. So what if I can't get my PC on? how can I send an email?
    The new Geforce 4 by Nvidia. Did they warn of the heat? No but combined with an AMD athlon tbird or such they instantly start turning the inside of your PC into hell, so hot you wish you hadn't bothered upgrading.

Which brings me to yet another point, upgrading. Change one item in your PC and what happens? NOTHING WORKS (or at least it should work better) Whats the point of upgrading when it becomes as stupid as this)

Should I buy a Mac G4. The answer is yes. I will be thinking of getting rid of this pile o' ****e and never look back to PC's.

It will never change and I won't have to come onto these forums eveyday asking yet another tech problem.

Answer me this, why do you guys seriously bother? It's like your searching for ghosts that are not there, there will be no end to an ever amount of problems.

Personally I use an MSI board, XP pro, and a Ti 4200. None of which have given me any problems such as your ranting about.

Heat has never been a problem as I use well ventilated antec server type cases with thermaltake fans ( 4 ) 2 in 2 out for ventilation, rounded IDE cables as not to impede the flow. The 1080amg even comes with a dust filter in front to cut down on that problem.

I installed XP pro over itself once because I corrupted it with a beta version of the SP1 and style xp. (now running the official release of SP1 w/no problems at all).
    My only gripe about XP is M$'s business ethics, not the product itself.

The new detonator drivers when properly configured give me great frame rates (200+) and my last 3D mark scores were over 12,000 w/o overclocking.

Sorry you're having such a rough time.

P.S. If you wanna get rid of "the pile of s**t" I'll give ya my shipping address, I'll even be a nice guy and pay the shipping LOL.
    Last edited by bushmaster; 09-12-2002 at 10:09 AM.

ok you are Double posting
    we just replied to you to your other link here
    http://www.sysopt.com/forum/showthre...hreadid=116782

i have windows xp professional, installed it on my duron i had, it has been on there for over 8 months, not even so much as a blue screen ever, and my brother has the comp now, and he knows not very much at all, actually nothing would be more precise, if something could be crashed i am sure he could do it, and my current system, have had xp pro on here for over 3 months, no problems at all. are you formatting before you reinstall?

and also as i stated in post before, i have had amds, and i have had intels, the duron i had is still working like a charm, not a problem, not a hitch, and so is this xp i have now, both run nice and cool, yes i got an aftermarket heatsink and fan for both, but i just bought the cpu alone anyway, and both are overclocked too, even standard, they are just unreal. i turn comp on, play games, watch movies, surf, do anything i want, and turn it off, no problems at all, yet when i had my celeron, i had nothing BUT problems. I am not saying this is a intel problem, or one processor is better than the other, it depends on what you are doing and what your budget is and what you like, there is always the exceptions to the rules, and I think that your best bet would be to reset the bios (jumper) format entire computer and start fresh. You may have program conflicts going on, so install what you NEED, then slowly one by one start butting the other stuff on, if you start getting problems, you know the last program you put on was the problem. I had to do this with my celeron. Computers can be a lot of fun and very entertaining, but when nothing but problems, it can be your worst nightmare. I wish you all the best, and i do know where you are coming from, as i had the same attitude with my celeron i had. Good luck

Please avoid double-posting.
    And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers