Thread: Windows XP Pro and ASPI

Windows XP Pro and ASPI

I recently installed windows xp pro on my computer, and know when i try to extract audio files with audio catalyst 2.1 i can't select aspi.

I already downloaded and installed the latest aspi (4.71) drivers from the adaptec website. According to the readme file only 2 files need to be present in win xp.

When i run the checker the 2 files are detected but it also says that aspi isn't setup correctly.

Am i doing something wrong?.

Robert

As far as I remember Audio Catalyst 2.1 doesn't run under Windows XP. I had this same problem before with it and couldn't save tracks files. I solved my problem in buying a cd-burner and got Nero 5.5 with it

Go to this link to find a program that will suit your needs

You may want to try the ForceASPI drivers. They can be found in the Support Utils section at http://www.doom9.org/software.htm I had a program (VCDEasy) that was having problems with ASPI drivers in XP (I had tried multiple versions from Adaptec) and ForceASPI got me going. You will need a RAR decompressor program. After you decompress to a directory run instaspi.bat.

Thanks for the replys guys i will try the suggested tips.

BTW according to the audiocatalyst website audiocat. doens't work on windows 2000 but the strange thing is i am using it on windows 2000 right now.

Well i ran the force aspi and when i closed the dos windows i got a windows error (BSOD). After rebooting the pc i was able to select aspi. Still have to try if it works though.

Mod w/ an attitude Sterling_Aug's Avatar
    This site also has an ASPI fix for XP.

http://www.windowsxp.nu/

Turns out that it (force aspi) works, eventhough the installation crashed windows. Also two other friends of mine installed the forced aspi without a problem, so i was probably just "unlucky".

Thanks for the link, alot of usefull info.

Robert