Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: up-date to previous post

up-date to previous post

Hi All ,
    Well I have given up on tring to find a AT style board for my 766 celery and she just wants that case so I do have a 400 celery for slot 1 I can use if anyone knows where I can get an AT board that will support that processor that would be great if you could pass that info my way.

Link for previous post HERE
    Thanks for everyones help in the last post.....asking for a board like that is a tall order.
    G

Well, it's me again, gbspec7!

Again eBay is a good place to look. http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ty=MetaEndSort

Look for a board with the 440BX chipset, since it is more robust than the 440LX, 440EX, or 440ZX. The Soyo SY-6BB or Asus P2B-B would be good choices.

MS MCP, MCSE

Hey Bill, you're not gonna believe this but that is the exact same case she has except it's an AT style . So I was able to show her the mini tower and got her talked into just using this ASUS P5A board with a AMD K6-3 400MHz I have here with that case . The mid tower was just a little too tall for her desk. Well thanks to all youz folks at sysopt for your help, now I can die a happy man .
    http://www.bestbyte.net/Product.cfm?...ryID=2&Keyword

Ultimate Member
    In the OEM market, there were. Roughly in order of appearance, PC-Chips M725, M729, M747, M726, M767, M726MRT, M757LMRT immediately spring to mind. Other OEM oriented board makers had some too, the later ones even had some sort of upgrade path, providing both slot and socket.

regards, Peter

Hi Peter, I bought a PCChips board from a sysopt member not too long ago, it was a M760V slot 1, but the most it would support was a celeron 333, so I sold it on ebay and bought this ASUS board thinking I could persuade her into getting a new case....hehehehe...silly me, what was I thinking! I will however go to the site and see what I can find..BTW, are these slot1 or socket 370..Thanks for the help .
    Gary
    Oh ok, they are slot 1 boards....
    Last edited by gbpec7; 09-02-2002 at 12:39 PM.

You should have kept the M760v. It supports a lot higher than a Celly 333. I'll check and see if I have one I could sell you...
    I'm still learning 24/7

Bill, what's this?

It's a P2B-B, a slot 1 baby AT motherboard. And you can run that Celeron 400 on it.

Here is another one, the Soyo SY-6BB:

You should have kept the M760v. It supports a lot higher than a Celly 333.
    Hi MR COMPUTER,
    How will this board support a celery higher then a 333 when that's all the site says it will support ?
    Link: http://www.pcchips.com.tw/M760V.html

Omega & Antix, where can I find the boards you speak of?
    Gary
    Last edited by gbpec7; 09-02-2002 at 03:27 PM.

Click the picture. It will send you to eBay.

Or if you don't want to click the picture, here's the link sans picture:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=2049989415

Also my previous eBay link will bring up a list of slot 1 at boards at eBay.

The site is not updated on this older board. (Same with many older boards). Your Celeron 400 will run fine. Your Celeron 766, with a slot adapter should run on this board also...
    I'm still learning 24/7

wow, you need to explain that to me.....other then a bios up-date how is it possible, it needs a multiplier of 11.5 @ 66MHz buss to work.....it only has a multiplier of 5x. How can a bios up-date make that much difference ?
    Gary

Celerons are multiplier locked. Does not matter what you set then to in the bios. Many boards with jumpers will accept them - No matter what you set multiplier jumper to. (You can even leave them off the board!). Flashing with a newer bios will increase processor support. Its not always necessary. I have an old M747 board that reads a newer Celeron as a PIII. Still shows the correct speed and runs fine...
    I'm still learning 24/7

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by gbpec7
    Hi Peter, I bought a PCChips board from a sysopt member not too long ago, it was a M760V slot 1
    If a board supports Celeron 333, it'll happily run up to Celeron-533 as well. They're all the same, except for the multiplier, but that's factory preset inside the CPU anyway. (Wasn't the 760V the mATX version and 767V the BAT one?)