Thread: anybody know about the soyo 5ehm motherboard?

anybody know about the soyo 5ehm motherboard?

I have got the manual off the internet and it tells me where to put the switches to make the processor go at so and so speed. It only tells me how to go up to 350 mhz (wich is my processor speed). Does anyone happen to know exactly what switch does what? otherwise I will just try and figure it out.
    thanks,
    Christopher

Best bet is trial and error, you might be lucky and hit a combo that gives you a higher fsb or multiplier.
    Life is a bowl of cherries

does it matter if I have a higher fsb then other number? I noticed that when most people have a lower fsb then what it started with.

Right, to get your overall cpu speed, you multiply the front side bus speed, say 100mhz, by the clock multiplier (or cpu ratio), say 3.5, and that give you the processor speed 350mhz.

So if you managed to get 112mhz fron side bus, but it would only work at 2.5, you would have a processor speed of 280mhz, less than your stock speed. But if you managed to get 112 and 3.5 your 350mhz chip would be running at 392mhz and you will succesfully overclocked the cpu.

Simply increase the multiplier as MUCH as you can, and increase the fsb (cpu clock speed) by as much as you can.

thanks for the info. do you have any suggestions on the heat sink fan I should get?
    Thanks,
    Christopher

Your not going to produce a huge amount of heat with the 350 cpu, as long as you got the original heatsink and working fan you be fine. I never managed to oc my 350 at all, best the mobo would give was 350 so thats what it stuck at. But I would try for about 112 on the fsb and if you managed a 4x multipleir you would be doing fantastic.

on the motherboard it tells me I can do 4.5x multiplier and 100fsb but in the manual it says I can do 5.0x multiplier and 124fsb. so I should not have a problem with that.

Are you saying that I do not even need to get a new heatsink and fan and that if I have the original one then I can overclock with that?

If the processor overheats will it outright die? Will it give me a warning when it is overheating? How high do you think I can go with this combination? I saw someone who went to 600 and something mhz with I believe a amd k6-2 450 on the same motherboard that I have.

Thanks for the advice.

If you get it to 600mhz, it will need a lot of additional cooling. If it will only go to 450mz, your stock hs and fan will cope.

Forgive me if I mislead you, I thought you only had a 3.5 multiplier max. What should happen is that your cpu fails to post when things get too hard for it to cope, that should tell you its max ability.

To keep it running at at the max you will need a bigger heatsink and fan just to be on the safe side.

thanks.