Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: k7s5a Users--Looky here!

look its late and i dont usually say this but stop *****in ok. Theres 100's of multiple threads here. I bet theres 50 alone staing "which card is best" etc.

newclockr listen up "THANKS". Ive has this board for a month or two now and im very much appreciative of the links otherwise i wouldnt have looked for them myself as im not that much of an expert on motherboard.

Sysopt = Community Family ok. Every user has a valid point to contribute where its making a 486 run at 3ghz or changing the colour of your desktop. Without everyone there would be no sysopt.

There ive ranted for the first time in a year, but im sick of seeing these conflicting posts. Everyone's oppinion and research is valid even if you or i dont agree with it.

Richard
    (leader of the decepticons)

You people down south always have to swear to get your point across, don't you? sheesh.
    I'll have you know I live at the most southern point in the entire USA and on this forum too! Thus my opinion holds the highest cards here on this comment. The only people that swear here are the ones that want too, which is an American invention, and the ones like me (who are Merchant Marines) who fortunately, before I was branded a damned dogooder on board, realized early on that it was just another dialect in the English language. Give us a break please.

Another decepticon in our midst! I bow to the all-mighty Megatron! Heh, you may have over 1000 posts on this forum, but in real life I have taken over 4000 calls from over the border (tech support for the blue/red merger) and 1/2 swear on the phone (thats not a load of hot air either).
    Last edited by Antix; 09-05-2002 at 06:04 PM.

Complete & Utter Member j.m@talk's Avatar
    Originally posted by ukulele
    just another dialect in the English language. Give us a break please.
    I think that would be English-ish "Old Bean"

but in real life I have taken over 4000 calls from over the border (tech support for the blue/red merger) and 1/2 swear on the phone (thats not a load of hot air either).
    Antix:
    If you treat people like they're stupid, they're likely to curse at you! As a tech support pro (which I doubt) aren't you supposed to help? Alienating your customers with your smarter-than-thou attitude would be grounds for dismissal in most reputable companies.

Another decepticon in our midst! I bow to the all-mighty Megatron! Heh, you may have over 1000 posts on this forum, but in real life I have taken over 4000 calls from over the border (tech support for the blue/red merger) and 1/2 swear on the phone (thats not a load of hot air either).
    Well, then who better then you should know that this is the way some people talk now. Thank you very much Hollywood. I shall certainly take your criticism with due remorse in the future for my foul mouth.

Thats' right, I remember now, I forgot to add "ignorance is bliss" to the conversation.

Originally posted by newclockr

Antix:
    If you treat people like they're stupid, they're likely to curse at you! As a tech support pro (which I doubt) aren't you supposed to help? Alienating your customers with your smarter-than-thou attitude would be grounds for dismissal in most reputable companies.
    Well, they make it obvious that they are, so it's their own fault that something screwed up, not the companies. They can curse all they want, it results in a disconnection of the call, and in most situations, a refusal of service.

Also, don't question my technical ability. I have been helping people with computers since I was 8 yrs old (15 years ago), and maintained 3 school networks. I don't think you have anything to go on other than driver installation then basic Windows troubleshooting.
    Last edited by Antix; 09-05-2002 at 09:16 PM.

If you treat people like they're stupid, they're likely to curse at you!

Well, they make it obvious that they are, so it's their own fault that something screwed up, not the companies. They can curse all they want, it results in a disconnection of the call, and in most situations, a refusal of service.
    You sound very close minded Antix. Maybe people just sound rude and stupid to you because they are frustrated from being treated like cattle at a crowded feed trough after waiting 20 to 60 minutes to talk to an uncareing tech support who's only thrill anymore is collecting their paycheck. Perhaps you are just not cutout for this job.

No offense ukulele, but thats not your decision to make. If it was 600+ techs would be out of a job. Call centres are frustrating environment where the conversation is a two-way street, a frustrated customer can frustrate the tech, and the tech can only take so much. But of course the phone techs only see one side of the picture, the bad side where they crusify the customer, perhaps the "closed minded" comment. But if you were in my shoes, which I don't think you will be (no offense again), you wouldn't see that side at all.

Funny how both sides of an argument can be both right and wrong at the same time. Antix, you shouldn't have posted that you knew of this, but it's understandable. newclockr - your skin is much too thin.

This thread is closed.
    MS MCP, MCSE