Thread: Anyone playing "The Thing"

Anyone playing "The Thing"

Was wondering if anyone has the game yet, and what they think of it. All the reviews I have read are good.

On PC or PS2 ?

on PC. PS2 would be similar to PC wouldn't it? I mean one would get better graphic, speed etc, with a PC, but the basic game play would be similar. I am thinking along the lines of GTA3.

Ultimate Member
    It out yet in good ol Blighty, anyone?

--Jakk

No , it's not as good as you see , i'm playing it now , simple in action , simple in interact with your party , simple gameplay , but it has beautiful graphics because the game itself is converted from PS2 to PC.It takes half or one hour to pass a lot of levels because it's very simple , I see gameplay is similar to Project Eden-the game was created by CORE (the developer of TOMB RAIDER) so this is my opinions and a decide is belong to you

Deadeyes, thanks for the response. The gamespot review was most likely written by a developer of the game. I don't know if anyone else had noticed, but I have seen games that get reviews of ten, the highest, and the game totally sux.

the graphics are very well done but the gameplay is pretty straighforward and simple.

the "trust" of the people in your party is a nice touch, though not needed that much. i have found leaving my party members behind and completing what needs to be done works out quite well in the majority of instances.

the few gripes i have...

1. you cannot adjust the sensitivity of your mouse in the game.
    2. you cannot adjust the brightness in the game.
    3. the standard camera angle doesn't let you aim near your feet. you have to switch to first person mode for that, and even then it is a little difficult.
    4. when having your party members follow you, the often straggle and get into trouble.

i was fortunate enough to have liked the movie and i was able to get the game and DVD for $44.99, and that was worth it. if i had to price it on its own merits, $14.99 would be a good deal.

if i had to rate it, i would give it 6 out of 10 stars.

How do you rate it next to the film? for suspense?

Ultimate Member
    ...well, they seemed to like it....

http://www.actiontrip.com/reviews/thething.phtml

--Jakk

it's scary... and dark....
    I haven't gotten into the game yet, but on my firs mission I tried out my gun and shot one of the other guys MISSION FAILED

Graphics are okay

Ultimate Member
    Certainly looks nice - doubt i'll be investing my pitiful pocket money in it htough... got bigger fish to fry -- like Mafia and Ut2k3

--Jakk

Originally posted by asterias
    How do you rate it next to the film? for suspense?
    the game had a few startling moments, and overall had a good, creepy feeling to it.

the more i think about it, this could have been called "aliens", as "the thing" aspect of it, IMO, was a little under developed.

i was a big fan of the movie, and as far as movies that get made into games and vice versa, typically they are pretty lousy. however, "the thing" is one of the better movie-to-game coversions.

haha, i just got to the part where the black guy is all hurt on the second place, and i gave him a green medic kit thingy, and he died, then it said mission failed..im like uhh okay hahaha
    Not to bad so far...nice feel to it.
    Help me! I'm a computer idiot!