Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: corner of moniter blinking

hehe thanks guys. i do have extremely bad luck, AND im a stickler for image quality. yah i have tried setting the refresh rates up to like 120 atleast. i run 85 normally.

i have tried everything still flickers. im a 2nd year computer and electrical engineering student so im not new to this whole computer thing. just new to this getting crappy moniters thing

Originally posted by chiller
    i havea viewsonic A95f 19 inch flat screen not flat panel and i flickers inthe lower right corner . HUH what about that. its to old to return i always thought it to be normal never noticed it untill i read your post ..... EKE !!!!
    see apparently im not the only one with this problem. and possible more have had the problem but just havent noticed it.

. im a 2nd year computer and electrical engineering student so im not new to this whole computer thing. just new to this getting crappy moniters thing
    Do you have a 12 gauge? If not then you have a bit more to learn about monitors.

Have you tried turning it? Move it around to the other side of the table or whatever. I believe the book for my nec monitor said to face it east due to earths magnetic poles disorting picture.

I would take it back and ask them to exchange it. sending in a rebate doesn't invalidate the warranty. Make them hook it up at the store this time.

Gone
    Have you tried the degauss screen funstion?

Originally posted by ukulele

Do you have a 12 gauge? If not then you have a bit more to learn about monitors.
    ukulele...there is always going to be somebody who knows more about a certain subject than you. i was merely stating that i spend a lot of my time on the computer and am not new to computers whatsoever, not that i was claiming to be the know-it-all-moniter-genious. i mean, duh, thats why im asking questions on this board!

1500dollarp4gamer- yah i have tried degausing it.

mcool61!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU FOUND IT....

if i move the moniter to the right it seems to get worse, but when i face it in a north easterly direction it gets better, barely noticeable!!!!!!! - im taking it up to school tomorrow so we'll see what happens then. ill let you guys know. thanks for everyones help!!!

First off, Uke didn't mean anything. 12 gauge refers to a size of shotgun. He is suggesting that you need to vent on (and ventilate) the monitor.

You have discovered that the Earth's magnetic field can corrupt a display. NEC has offered a feature for this in their displays for years called GlobalSync®, but I always considered it to be overkill. I guess it's not!
    MS MCP, MCSE

Wow! Almost didn't post that one for fear everyone would think me crazy. Now about that UFO...................

First off, Uke didn't mean anything. 12 gauge refers to a size of shotgun. He is suggesting that you need to vent on (and ventilate) the monitor.
    Sorry. My humor can be quite dry sometimes. I am curious how the magnetic field anomaly applies if you live at the north or south pole. Perhaps you need to move to there.

OK,OK, I'm joking again.

oh haha..its kool uk

my mother says that our wireless phone doesnt get any reception in this room at all. so i guess helps affirm that my house is evil :P

Originally posted by klatty

my house is evil :P
    Not at all. Perhaps your at the center of the universe.

my house is evil :P
    or the walls are covered with lead paint!

haha no im not at the center of the universe. i know atleast three girls that claim to be at that position already ;-)

lol uk....

quick question tho. then im done lol finally...umm when i have everything minimized and then maximize something the screen shrinkes a TINY bit. like enuf to notice it around the edges. not a big deal. just figured that was strange.

quick question tho. then im done lol finally...umm when i have everything minimized and then maximize something the screen shrinkes a TINY bit. like enuf to notice it around the edges. not a big deal. just figured that was strange.
    That's just the pixtels rearranging themselves to the very center through brownian motion. It comes with the territory.