Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: corner of moniter blinking

Missels right, most of this is speaker interference, or intereference from another monitor, or in some cases your computer itself

These little buggers put out all sorts of Electromagnetic/static/RF interference and it will effect most any monitor

All three of the monitors I've used lately (A GEM 15", a Mitsubishi 17 inch, and now a new Envision V770e flatscreen) all display a little slow-shake in the bottom left hand corner closest to my speaker system that has the amplifier built into it.

The same applies if you have a large subwoofer with an amplifier under your desk, even if they qre magnetically shielded, most aren't shielded against RF and other kinds of Chaotic interference.

Shoot, someone watching tv three apartments down, if there was just enough things in the apartment complex to reflect the RF interference, could actively fuzz your screen. Alas, this is a problem of modern living, less of modern technology.

You may still have this problem even with a newer monitor, only time I don't see the distortion is when I move the speakers further away, or boost the refresh into the 100hz+ range, which doesn't work at the resolution I use, so I just deal

Hope thats been educational
    "Save us Booze, show us the way!"

hmm so can you guys come to a consensus on this?

is it interference that might go away when i rearrange my system at school or could it actually be a defect that exhanging it for a new moniter will fix?

If thre's nothing that emits magnetic fields within about 2 feet of the display, return it.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Originally posted by klatty
    hmm so can you guys come to a consensus on this?

is it interference that might go away when i rearrange my system at school or could it actually be a defect that exhanging it for a new moniter will fix?
    Just get the Viewsonic back, you wont regret it

Test it on the store first.

that's what i always do

so i don't have to carry a heavy monitor back and forth.

both viewsonics i saw had this deep "dipping" down that was noticeable to the midlde of the moniter almost. i do have to admit the whites were brighter on the viewsonic. almost like an LCD. but the NEC is two inches bigger. i think everyone else made my mind up for me tho since there were no more viewsonics - they were sold out. hope they have some NECs left.

and yes there is nothing within two feet - im returning it

i havea viewsonic A95f 19 inch flat screen not flat panel and i flickers inthe lower right corner . HUH what about that. its to old to return i always thought it to be normal never noticed it untill i read your post ..... EKE !!!!

oh man really??? thats crazy. i hope i dont get another one that does that...i guess ill have to settle with it if i do.

ok well i returned it with no problem. no flickering seen. less distortion around the corners also :-D - only thing is the colors still arent as vivid as the viewsonic, but oh well atleast everything is straight. plus its 2 inches bigger and i can run 1280x1024 on the desktop :-D thanks for your help everyone!!!!

i do notice some vertical lines, very short and spread out in a kind of rainbow fashion coming from the sides. they arent very noticeable unless you are close up to the moniter. which you shouldnt be anyway

ahhhh scratch that. as im writing this i noticed a little flickering in the corner. dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its really not that bad tho. not half as bad as before. if it doesnt get any worse i think i am going to keep it

i just noticed when viewing a blue screen that there are also kind of waves in the middle of the moniter....if the flickering gets any worse im going to return it. otherwise i guess i can live with it

Try looking "through" it to the content. When you find yourself looking at the display rather than what's being displayed, you're officially around the bend.
    MS MCP, MCSE

not quite sure i understand. but i think you mean stop looking to pick out little defects and just look at the stuff on the screen...

the flickering is worse now . i am going to return it. and not get another one. i leave for school tomorrow tho so i wont be able to do it atleast for a week :-/

are you sure there isn't something under the desk that could be causing magnetic interference?

If it's getting worse with time I would suggest changing location befor returning this one; or you could be making a lot of trips to the shop.

Erm! Gamer, you said you don't like to correct ppl! I beg to differ, remember this ...

errrh... good idea but wrong spelling

it's "Hey! Caramba"

Here

Gone
    3 mons. now! None good. Sure it isnt your video card/pc?
    Try the mon. on a dif. desktop-if its ok then its your system.
    Last edited by $1500-P4 gamer; 08-31-2002 at 06:38 PM.

*facepalms* Its NOT THE MONITOR. (I don' say that to be mean or antagonistic mind you)

Thats the first thing I'll say as three monitors later, you're now likely driving the local RMA Department up the wall. Call this a friendly service call for my fellow techs

I want you to go through this checklist of items and tell me if any of them apply to the surrounding environment around the Monitor area that may cause the flickering:

(1) Is there a Television, or another monitor nearby set to a different refresh rate?

(2) Is there any sort of Stereo speaker, headphone, or PA System above, below, or within five feet of the computer system?

(3) Is there any Circuit Breakers, Electronics dwellings or Laser Printers near your desk and/or monitor?

(4) Do you use long Flourescent Tube Lighting around your desk (As the lights and the fixtures themselves will exagerate refresh inertia in the 60hz-85hz range)

(5) Do you wear glasses and keep the room properly lit? (This is more because with some lenses made of polykarbon again it can exagerate refresh inertia in low light situations)

(6)Where in conjunction to your Monitor is your COMPUTER CASE located?

(7) Where in conjunction to your Monitor is your COMPUTER SPEAKERS Located?

(8) Is there any other office equipment, including Xerox Copiers, intercoms, or Central Air systems that may be near your desk or hidden within the room (EG, tucked behind a wall).

If you can answer these questions for me in as much detail as possible, we should be able to better help you.
    "Save us Booze, show us the way!"

Originally posted by Dracas
    *facepalms* Its NOT THE MONITOR. (I don' say that to be mean or antagonistic mind you)

Thats the first thing I'll say as three monitors later, you're now likely driving the local RMA Department up the wall. Call this a friendly service call for my fellow techs

I want you to go through this checklist of items and tell me if any of them apply to the surrounding environment around the Monitor area that may cause the flickering:

(1) Is there a Television, or another monitor nearby set to a different refresh rate?

(2) Is there any sort of Stereo speaker, headphone, or PA System above, below, or within five feet of the computer system?

(3) Is there any Circuit Breakers, Electronics dwellings or Laser Printers near your desk and/or monitor?

(4) Do you use long Flourescent Tube Lighting around your desk (As the lights and the fixtures themselves will exagerate refresh inertia in the 60hz-85hz range)

(5) Do you wear glasses and keep the room properly lit? (This is more because with some lenses made of polykarbon again it can exagerate refresh inertia in low light situations)

(6)Where in conjunction to your Monitor is your COMPUTER CASE located?

(7) Where in conjunction to your Monitor is your COMPUTER SPEAKERS Located?

(8) Is there any other office equipment, including Xerox Copiers, intercoms, or Central Air systems that may be near your desk or hidden within the room (EG, tucked behind a wall).

If you can answer these questions for me in as much detail as possible, we should be able to better help you.

hmm first off i used a moniter before with the computer and it was fine, but it was only a 14 inch so thats why i got a new one. and the viewsonic i had beforehand DIDNT have this flicker problem - just that the top dipped down extremely low and everything "bend" - the display model had the same features. only the NEC's have had this "right corner syndrome"

1) - no there is nothing. it is in the middle of my living room which is 16x18 ft.

2) no, there are no speakers or anything like that. the only electronic devices are the computer, mouse, and keyboard

3) see no 2

4) see no 3

5) i dont wear glasses. i have perfect vision with extremely strong eye muscles (accordin to the doc ) - and my whole family can see the flickering as well as me.

6) the moniter is on a coffee table with the computer case to its lower left.

7) i removed the speakers. but they were on the lower left by the computer

8) see no 4

ughhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

Gone
    Well then you go tbad luck. I got a 19" last year and its still fine.. no flicker or anything plus very good pic. My bro. got the same model its fine also. My mom got one this year its fine. Not a single return, your on 3 in a row. Gotta be somthing other than the monitors or you have extreemly bad luck. HAVE you tried setting your desktop refresh higher? Cause that is what causes flicker to start with! Set it to 100 in 640x480 or 800x600 mode. Its 19" right, then it'll do that easy. ANYTHING above 60hz will be better.

Also if you still feel its the mon. fault then have the store hook it up to one of their systems to check it out for you. Then you'll know if i ts the mon or the pc. Plus make sure refresh is above 60 when they test. Case you didnt know where to set refresh go to desktop and rightclick...... in submenu>properties>settings>advanced>monitor, set that to 100hz and click apply.
    Last edited by $1500-P4 gamer; 08-31-2002 at 08:59 PM.