Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: corner of moniter blinking

ofcourse. silly me :P

Find a good-sized wheatstone bridge and throw it over the side.
    MS MCP, MCSE

Gone
    I like Bp's solution. Thats the quick fix for any hardware problem!

I would take it back and ask them to exchange it. sending in a rebate doesn't invalidate the warranty. Make them hook it up at the store this time.
    I Could be wrong.

Originally posted by TARP2
    [B Make them hook it up at the store this time.
    [/B]
    Speaking of which I read in a book once to allways go to the store & look at the monitor in use because you will spend a lot of time looking at it. Maybe we should begin spinning them around in all directions to see how the picture is. Cant' you see the guy at the store when u ask him to spin the monitor so you can look at it! Might be a good cure for pesky salespeople. Or does wheatstone absorb these pesky cosmic fields. I prefer shredded wheatstone myself.

wow moving in was a pain haha...it still flickers on the side and gets better if i move it to the left and worse if the to the right.....is there any kind of shield i can put over the moniter so my speakers dont interfere with it as well. cuz they do a tiny bit

Ultimate Member
    Originally posted by klatty
    quick question tho. then im done lol finally...umm when i have everything minimized and then maximize something the screen shrinkes a TINY bit. like enuf to notice it around the edges. not a big deal. just figured that was strange. [/B]
    This is known as "pumping", a sign of poor voltage regulation inside the monitor (read: a cheaper-than-would-have-been-nice design). When the ray beamer draws more power (because the image is brighter), then the deflection unit's input voltage drops slightly, making the image a tad smaller.

On a dark wallpaper, open an empty (white) window to maximum width but a lower height, and you'll possibly see that the screen narrows only where the window is, not above and below.

Originally posted by klatty

see apparently im not the only one with this problem. and possible more have had the problem but just havent noticed it.
    It's true it's not you only

the problem is not even really Viewsonic's fault

it's simply the fact that it's a FLAT monitor

that's why i HATE FLAT monitor

here at work i have a FLAT 19" monitor Sony Trinitron, and it has also that annoying DIP that you describe, and on top of that, the annoying lines of the Trinitron

so i just use it on my test machines, that way i don't have to face that annoying screen all the time

have thought of getting just a normal CRT monitor? the non FLAT ones?

Originally posted by mcool61
    Wow! Almost didn't post that one for fear everyone would think me crazy. Now about that UFO...................
    LOL well that can definitely do something weird to your monitor

I am running dual monitors, a 15 inch Maxtech and a 17 inch Sylvania. Recently the 15" monitor started getting jumpy and flickering then it would smooth out after a while. Lately it has been getting worse and the then the 17" monitor started acting weird. I was beginning to wonder about the video card. Last night the florescent lights in the ceiling quit working. I changed the tubes and as if by magic, both monitors suddenly smoothed out and are better then ever. RF interference was obviously the culprit in this case.

Uke

your monitors and video card is fine

that's a common normal thing

because the 2 different sizes monitor are so close together it kinda picks up the interference from the other one.

i see this everyday here at work

if you put them far apart then you won't notice that.

and i wont even bother go into details of people will start going nuts over head about what's right and wrong

AG, I am pretty certain it was just the florescent light going bad. It is working fine now after changing the tubes. The 15" monitor is directly under it, but if it happens again I will try moving them farther apart.

by the way, you wont see that annoying "abnormality" if both of your monitors were of the same size and using the same Hz.

regardless of the manufacture and year or model

at work here 1 side i have a flat 19" sony trinitron, and the other a viewsonic 19 normal no flat, both at 100 hz, and no prob,

but if i pair them up with a 17" anything, for the same dual display then, i see those annoying lines moving from top to bottom or bottom to top, depending on the monitor.

but if i pair them up with a 17" anything, for the same dual display then, i see those annoying lines moving from top to bottom or bottom to top, depending on the monitor.
    I didn't have any annoying lines. It was just my monitor doing the Hula. Being in Hawaii too long must have rubbed off on it.

well like Bill said, might have been in part also due the Geomagnetic field, and the celestial constellation and their cosmic rays

that will certainly make that dance a good hula hu