Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best 3rd person action/adventure game?

Best 3rd person action/adventure game?

I'm looking for some 3rd person action games, games that don't use mainly guns - variations, swords, spells. Not looking for games like Warcraft 3 ROC where you control multiple characters, World of Warcraft would be what I'm looking for.

I play Giants, Aquanox, Blood Omen 2, Soul Reaver 2, Morrowind.

Any other suggestions?

Anachronox

Ultimate Member
    Action = Max Payne

Adventure = probably something along the lines of Monkey island 4 or grim fandango, although they arent what you might class as third person (although played from that perspective)

The best mix is probably one of the Resident evil games, esentially anything from Capcom in a horror/survival genre should flip your switch

--Jakk

Originally posted by Bigjakkstaffa
    Action = Max Payne

Adventure = probably something along the lines of Monkey island 4 or grim fandango, although they arent what you might class as third person (although played from that perspective)

--Jakk

Action
    Delta force3
    kingpin

GK3 is also a nice game....Gabriel knight3
    it an ADVENTURE game.

DEUSEx is an excellent mix of both...

Ultimate Member
    Deus ex, kingpin and i think delta force are all FIRST person aint they grimmy??

--Jakk

Deus ex
    is an mix of both ACTIOn and adventure....

as for kingpin, delta force you are right..!!

Ultimate Member
    games that don't use mainly guns
    oopps sorry - didnt read that bit, well you wont get me looking into that bierdy wierdy RPG **** unless its cyberpunk -- which more often than not will end up involving guns

Still the newer lucasarts adventure games are top drawer - also you could try hunting down indiana jones and the infernal machine, messiah and sacrifice and severance blade of darkness all of which are availiable on budget now methinks...

--Jakk

(PS giants is great - accidentally threw it in the bin though )
    Last edited by Bigjakkstaffa; 08-18-2002 at 07:20 AM.

neverwinter nights is by far the best 3d game out there now. If you are looking for online stuff and not single person, everquest....Strategy, starcraft/broodwars, are really fun

If you like playing morrowind, you should like gothic. Gothic has been out for awhile, so it shouldn't be too expensive, and gothic was one of the best games I played this year.

Ultimate Member
    lar281, your not from germany, are you ??

from what i hear Gothic is a big hit over there and - well nowhere else really - however i have seen some screens of the currently under development sequel, imaginitively called - Gothic 2, and it looks the badgers nadgers, should be a real treat for you if you enjoyed the first mate - keep an eye out - no idea as to a release date yet though - sorry

--Jakk

No, I am from Montana. I never played RPG's until a friend turned me on to Gothic, and I really did love playing it, and I hope that Gothic 2 is as good or better. Also, since games are so expense now, I did research it before I bought it, and like was said, Gothic didn't get rave reviews, but a lot of people at rpg.net really enjoyed it, so I gave it a chance.

Originally posted by lar281
    If you like playing morrowind, you should like gothic. Gothic has been out for awhile, so it shouldn't be too expensive, and gothic was one of the best games I played this year.
    just began morrowind, but can you provide a link for gothic? because I can only find this: rpg.gothic.ru/ and it's in russian I think.

How Come No One Mention Tom Crancy Ghost Recon, and GS Desert ???

RUNE , the best 3rd person action/adventure game I had never seen before (base on Unreal Tournament engine)
    next is DRAKAN , MaxPayne , Hitman !!! Oh , and Oni , I forgot it , wonderful game !!!
    But I wonder why do you call AquaNox is an action/adventure game !?!
    Last edited by DEADEYES; 08-19-2002 at 08:52 AM.

Ultimate Member
    Severance: Blade of darkness is better than rune so i hear, drakan is indeed very good, hitman is perhaps too fiddly and too much of a stealth em up for my all guns blazing style of gaming, and max payne is guns guns guns - something which you said you'd liek to avoid...

--Jakk

(PS maybe he meant arachronox - a totally different - and more action adventure based game)