Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: glitchiest game ever?

Gone
    Diry Dozen, random crashes on 3 dif systems including mine. Each updated drivers and dif. vid cards (ati & Nvidia G3) mobo's etc. One amd two Intel. All crashed randomly. No patch fixed it. Just had to save alot. Havent tried in XP yet. But ME/98 it sucked.

RA2 isn't bugged, it is copied.
    You aren't stopped running a copied CD but all your men die quite quickly......There isn't a way to beat it, your mplayer won't connect to games either.

Stefan
    Stefan

Ultimate Member
    GTA 3 - bah - bleuch - orrible; bug ridden filth --- made up for by the fact the gameplay rocks though , H&D comes a close 2nd too

--Jakk

Gone
    Originally posted by DocEvi1
    RA2 isn't bugged, it is copied.
    You aren't stopped running a copied CD but all your men die quite quickly......There isn't a way to beat it, your mplayer won't connect to games either.

Stefan
    I would agree BUT he said it works in the other OS's. If you cant get around how come it works then. Me thinks he has the original disk and you didnt read his post fully.

in my previous days when I didn't know how to create a working backup copy of my CD's I copied RA2 and destroyed the safedisk protection. I like to use Backup's of my CD's when I am at lan parties and could not for the life of me get past my men at the start of every level even in single player. I went home tried the original CD and it works spot on.......
    A mate did the same thing, except this time he copied it right (i.e. protection intact) and it works......haven't bothered copying them since.

Stefan
    Stefan

It has to be Ultima IX Ascension...... Not only was the game slow on a gf2 which at the time that came out was top quilty... If you happened to make it to town you would fall throught the floor or get stuck behind doors.... Spells didnt target right it just blew
    Experience OUTLaW

Ok, maybe i got some weird copied RA2 CDs, but when i install from the soviet disk the men dont die, so here ya go try that
    regards,

the xenon

gta3. gta2 was fun, i bought gta3 thinking the same. boy, was i ever wrong.

Ultimate Member
    Essentially GTA 3 is still a fantastic game, however the glitches and constant (im talking every 3 seconds) slowdowns drove me up the wall and midway through the second city, the game became virtually unplayable due o slowdown im afriad

--Jakk

i have to jump in here and say that MYST 3 was the buggiest game i have EVER played. ONCE i got it working on nearly tripple the equired specs every level had some kind of bug then at the last section the game crashed to the desktop, and there was never a fix. Game left unfinished

Neverwinter Nights

Fishsause
    Live Long and Prosper!

Ultimate Member
    Oh yeah - i almost forgot - red faction

Looked like a worthy waste of a weekend too... but in the end the bugs forced me to stop playing...

--Jakk

You guys must have never played Kingpin: LIfe of Crime.. There were so many bugs that the game was unplayable. It's not just me either. The game had crappy reviews because none of the reviewers could actually complete it.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Anyone remember Headgames' infamous line of two-week titles? How about Extreme Paintbrawl for starters. There was actually no enemy AI. They were just set to run to the right. PC Gamer actually got the lead developer to admit that he and his "team" had made the game in its entirety in two weeks. It doesn't get any buggier than that.

NONE of my games are copies. I don't even copy 'em for backups.
    And I've tried the install from the Allied and Soviet disc.

It's not a problem anymore, since I no longer run WinME. I'm using 98se, 2k, XP Home (when I reinstall), and XP Pro.