Thread: Morrowind Question

Morrowind Question

I just got the game, started off on the first quest getting off the boart and following people around. Is that all you do throughout the game, because that's pretty boring... Can someone give me a bit more insight on what you can do - details? thanks.

Morrowind suck, so do NVW same..

I QUIT taht game after i got off the ship and then pick my Race, sex, face, etc.
    Leo

any 2nd opinions?

My advise for playing Morrowind is simply this: Go find a dungeon and have at it.

The very beginning of the game is hard to get into because you can't hit the broad side of a barn with ANY of your weapons and most of your spells don't cast the first time. Be patient. You have to build up your levels by training or by using your skills. I restarted the game 4 times before I figured out what race/class/birthsign I wanted to be. Figure out how you want to play the game, and do it. don't get hung up on the story, just go treasure hunting in mines. If you arn't strong enough to be in the mine, the enemy's inside will let you know by kicking your *****.

BE PATIENT! You will dig it!

What do you gentlemen think that I will be able to run morrowind at (fps-wise)? >> 2.533 P4, 512 mb pc-1066 ram, Win XP, Asus P4T533-C mobo, and a leadtek GF4 ti 4600? (maybe oc'ed to 330/740)
    2.533 oc'ed to who knows?

Originally posted by Kaiser_235
    What do you gentlemen think that I will be able to run morrowind at (fps-wise)? >> 2.533 P4, 512 mb pc-1066 ram, Win XP, Asus P4T533-C mobo, and a leadtek GF4 ti 4600? (maybe oc'ed to 330/740)
    Either your a noob who making up about your system specs or your a idiot about computers!

OF COURSE THAT SYSTEM WILL RUNS PERFECTLY FINE WITH THAT GAME!

Kaiser,

I don't know FPS wise, but I can tell you it will run very well with those specs. I have a Athlon XP 1800+, 2x256 2100 ddr on an ECS k7s5a with a GF4 4400 (305/640) and it runs exceptionally well. This game caches between areas, so the slow down there is inevitable. In terms of action sequences, my set up has yet to cause a problem.

My grandma lives in Marin, Tiburon specifically. Did you know that Belvedere/Marin has the highest average home prices in all of Cali? Unreal.

DO NOT QUIT THE GAME AFTER YOU LEAVE THE BOAT!!!

This is one of the best games that I have seen in a while, not only because you can make your own player, but it also is free-form, which means there are no levels, and you can do basically anything you want without being led around like you are on a leash. There are so many things to do, easter eggs to find, you could spend years playing this game and not find everything out. It is a broad-scale rpg, so just give it a chance. It improves drastically once you leave Seyda Neen.

TaXi

Yeah, really, Tiburon is a joke. I heard Andre Agassi bought a house there for $26 million. That's crazy. Marin is cool, though. Close to the city. Yesss ssah. Anyway, "Witch-Talon" I wasn't asking if it would run fine, I was asking how many fps it would run. I've heard people with beasts for computers run 15 fps indoors with that game. I'm not making up my specs.

-From the YAY Area

Yeah, really, Tiburon is a joke. I heard Andre Agassi bought a house there for $26 million. That's crazy. Marin is cool, though. Close to the city. Yesss ssah. Anyway, "Witch-Talon" I wasn't asking if it would run fine, I was asking how many fps it would run. I've heard people with beasts for computers run 15 fps indoors with that game. I'm not making up my specs.

-From the YAY Area
    A machine like tat will defiently have more fps than 24 which is all that matters cause 24 fps is all humans eye can really see I dont offically own the game but acording to your specs it should run more than 24 fps

Actually you can tell a major difference between 24 and 80FPS You can tell the difference between 60 and 80FPS.

I don't think it's possible for man or machine to run morrowind at 60 fps.

I think there's some benchmarks floating dealing with Morrowind. I looked at one particular graph which you can safely assume that Morrowind is not a graphics card based game. There's minor differences in the fps going from Ti4600, Ti4400, Ti500, Ti200 and original GeForce 3. They were all around 30 fps for the game.

Racronus, the game is really a beautiful game and I would suggest at least putting in 20 hours with the game to come to a decision. I'm already shortchaning the game by saying 20 hours, but it will find out if you like the style and storylines. There are tons of excellent quests that pull you in and I know you can play as a vampire at a certain point in the game (side quest). Good luck though.
    AMD Athlon 2500+ (oc'ed to 3200)
    Asus A7V600 motherboard
    1GB Kingston Hyper-X PC3200 memory
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro w/128MB oc'ed