Thread: dam msi bios

Banned

dam msi bios

my bios only supports xp only up to athlon xp2000 does it matter if i put an xp2200 in or overclock even higher?????
    if i o/c my 1900 to 145Mhz my system show it as an athlon not athlon xp! will there be any performence decreases when doing that or any probelms (except normal o/c problems like heat etc etc)

Hi!

Beside the SSE Instructionset dere is no big difference between the Tunderbird and the XP Cpu´s.

Use Sisisoft Sandra or Wcpuid to get the Infos!

-----------------------------------------

TRON

my bios only supports xp only up to athlon xp2000 does it matter if i put an xp2200 in or overclock even higher?????
    Who knows? Why don't you just do it and report back? That is the challange in overclocking.

Re: dam msi bios

Originally posted by germanjulian
    if i o/c my 1900 to 145Mhz my system show it as an athlon not athlon xp! will there be any performence decreases when doing that or any probelms (except normal o/c problems like heat etc etc)
    hey guy,
    athlon xp and athlon is only a name !
    i think there will no performence decrease, try to run benchmark.

you should update your bios to support newer processor.

Banned
    i forgot to mentiun that the bios they do only went up to 2000+ and that my bios is now in the archive bios section of there processors

i will test what happens.........

Banned
    yeah works fine nothing changes ran all the test in sisoftsandra etc etc and read all the text what instruction sets i have etc etc and it is the same!
    i tested higher O/c speeds and i only get up to 140Mhz and then it gets unstable so i left it there! 3C hotter now!

germanjulian, what voltage are you running? Also what ram are you using?

Shnikey

Banned
    yeah thats a bit weird my voltages are 1.78, i but them higher, default was something like 1.38 which isnt even default!! i think my 300w PSU has problems coping with my system!
    here are the rest of my voltags!!
    see pic......

my ram should be able to run faster then 166MHz cause it is 300 ddr ram from crosair........ high quality ram

any ideals why i cant clock higher?? system just restart whne higher then 141Mhz
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was just wondering. I cannot get higher than 141Mhz either running same MB and Proc.

Shnikey

Banned
    yeah i used to have it higher ages ago! it all went to worse when i updated my bios....... that restricted it somehow! nevermind o/c to an athlon xp2000 is cool enough!