Thread: Have any of you used Windows 1.0?

Have any of you used Windows 1.0?

I was on eBay one time, and I found Windows 1.0. The bid was up to over $3000. Have any of you ever used Windows 1.0? The pictures on the back of the box looked almost like an ms-dos program.

Yea.

I have it.

It was a shell with mouse use, that's all.

Not much to it really.
    Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

Re: Have any of you used Windows 1.0?

Originally posted by matthew13l
    I was on eBay one time, and I found Windows 1.0. The bid was up to over $3000. Have any of you ever used Windows 1.0? The pictures on the back of the box looked almost like an ms-dos program.

$3000 for something that nobody really used?

Win 3.0 was the first one that was pretty good.

Win 3.1 and 3.11 for workgroups were the ones that really took off.
    Intel I5 750 @ 2.67 Ghz, 4gb GSkill DDR3 1600, GB P55M-UD2, XFX Radeon 5850. , Seagate Constellation ES 1 TB, Seasonic Gold 620w, Win Vista Ultimate, Toshiba 32" HDTV

Art.
    People have to much money and spend it on ****. There was a huge art gallery that was showing an exhibiton of modern art a few years back. The caretaker left his staplegun on his stepladders and went of for a cup of tea. When he got back someone had bought the stepladders and staplegun

Some people see a use in spending $3k on something they will never use, I don't

Stefan
    Stefan

Originally posted by DocEvi1
    Art.
    People have to much money and spend it on ****. There was a huge art gallery that was showing an exhibiton of modern art a few years back. The caretaker left his staplegun on his stepladders and went of for a cup of tea. When he got back someone had bought the stepladders and staplegun

Some people see a use in spending $3k on something they will never use, I don't

Stefan
    LOL, someone actually bought his stepladders and staplegun? i think abstract art it tosh, but, alas there are lots who disagree with me.

3k is shear waste on Win 1.0...if you still wan't to spend it , then do some charity man..give somethin to the needy...do some karma.