I have nottin agains floppys guys, i used the bootdisc eextensivley back in my win98 days. But what im saying is that bootable CD's offer a viable and more reliable (as they corrupt and develop errors less easily than floppys -- which seem to do it every 10 mins ). However now i use 2k rather than download win98 bootdisks, i use the bootable features of the win98 CD to get me to A prompt, and to be fair it beats the **** outta using floppys any day

The argument that some users may not have bootable CD's is becoming more and more invalid by the day as all OS's from and including win 98 (at leats SE anyways), are on bootable CD's. It would appear to me that in a few years time the only people without the ability to boot from CD will be running either archaic operating systems, or hardware - or even both.

Fear not the FDD still has many years left in it, but as CDR/W's and the like become more and more flexible and cheaper for the everyday user, floppys will slowly but surely die out im afraid

--Jakk