Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Best PIII out there

Gone
    A this is a williamette with half the L2 of a northwood.
    So the Fpu WILL score higher on a Northy A model.
    Secondly I still see a 431 point dif in fpu which matters most!
    And while you have sse YOU dont have SSE2

by the way I too have a Duron a 1giger to be exact. They dont do bad...Better than a celeron..but running beside my P4 in real life its WAY slower. So I know first hand non benched just plain old useage wise the speed dif.

Originally posted by $1500-P4 gamer
    A this is a williamette with half the L2 of a northwood.
    So the Fpu WILL score higher on a Northy A model.
    Secondly I still see a 431 point dif in fpu which matters most!
    And while you have sse YOU dont have SSE2

by the way I too have a Duron a 1giger to be exact. They dont do bad...Better than a celeron..but running beside my P4 in real life its WAY slower. So I know first hand non benched just plain old useage wise the speed dif.
    *Chuckle* Twas just teasin you

Frankly these days computer performance via seat of the pants benchmarking is nearly irrelavent as my old 500 was more than fast enough for the desktop... tis only games that justify this computers existance, and frankly...

next time it will be a PS2 or XBOX..as this continual rush for more horsepower when my computer sits at 1% avg. cpu usage over any 24 hour period is well crazy. Its like driving to work in a top fuel dragster... not really necessary, practicle or efficient. (hell of a lot of fun tho )

FoxW

Gone
    "*Chuckle* Twas just teasin you "

O.K. thats cool.

"next time it will be a PS2 or XBOX..as this continual rush for more horsepower when my computer sits at 1% avg. cpu usage over any 24 hour period is well crazy. Its like driving to work in a top fuel dragster... not really necessary, practicle or efficient. (hell of a lot of fun tho )"

Yea, I know what you mean. After a certain point there is just no need for all that if the price is too high. But yes, it is fun.